PDA

View Full Version : Wild Wind Sporters has moved

coalbedbuck
01-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Going to drop my bow off at the new Wild Wind Sporters location in Starbrick tommorrow. Try to get a tune up to make it up for the shoot in Jamestown. From what I hear its got room for a huge indoor range and they will be running leagues. Don't know anymore than that so far. will let ya know when I know. Or Rob may post us and tell us himself.

woodlandtrophies
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Starbrick? Where the heck is that? o.O

ICDUCKS
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Starbrick? Where the heck is that? o.O
Just west of Warren on rt6.
Cant wait to see the new shop.

coalbedbuck
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, looks like its going to be a great move. Didn't have alot of time to look around. But the range is bigger, and so is the shop. My Trykon probably wont be ready til monday. Putting a set of Winners Choice string and cables on. Hopefully they last longer than the Hoyt strings that came on it.

woodlandtrophies
01-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Ahh ok! I hope he didnt have too much trouble getting his turkey off roost ^^ We had a heck of a time getting him up there >.<

ICDUCKS
01-10-2008, 06:00 AM
you roosted a bird for someone else? LOL :lol:
so your a guide also! LOL :lol:

woodlandtrophies
01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
smarta$$ ~.o

Wild Wind Rob
01-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry about the delay in getting a post in here, it's been pretty crazy between moving the shop and my firefighter job.

We have moved to the old Blair building in Starbrick on RT 6. Right now we have our archery ranges just about ready for the leagues that start this week, the retail end is coming together nicely, and we're still waiting for the final red tape on the FFL.

Our spot range has more than doubled in size as well as having better lighting now. We also brought our DART Interactive archery range with us. We kept with the old style for now as we have heard some complaints about the smaller screen and some other issues with the other interactive systems in the area.

We now have several modern conveniences like reliable heat, running water, and even a public restroom! It sure is a move up from the old barn!

We will be keeping the dealerships on Bowtech, Beretta, Benelli, Sako, Stoeger, and Uberti. We will also be using all of the same suppliers we were before, so if you don't see it, ask and we'll get it for you.

I'll try to keep everyone up to date as things progress. I hope to see you there!

woodlandtrophies
01-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Good to hear! We'll have to make it down there to check it out! Congrats on the move!

treestandtimmy
01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a big improvement from the old place. I just need to find time to get up there and check it out. Are you going to have the DART league this year??

coalbedbuck
01-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes they are having DART league this year. This is the third week. I think there may be a couple open spots. Their number is 723-2450.

Grizzly Gary
01-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Tis a very nice store. stopped down last week. They are right on Rt. 6 in Starbrick. They have room for tons of stuff. The indoor range is very very nice! You should check them out!

Ligoweez
02-23-2008, 04:20 AM
The new store is great! lots of room and the range is really nice!!

coalbedbuck
02-23-2008, 08:58 AM
And the service and knowledge is second to none!!!

Grizzly Gary
02-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Was just there yesterday and the store is getting more and more full. LOOKING GOOD!!

Over 100 archers participating in the Archery Leagues.

Stop in and visit. You will like!

we3jeepers
02-29-2008, 11:45 PM

Ligoweez
03-03-2008, 07:28 AM
yeah my Guardian was alittle too short for you. Your new bow as a Constitution. Ron (the owner) is who was helping you.

p.s. thanks for the arrow in the back wall. :wink: :roll:

Wild Wind Rob
03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats on the purchase! That bow was a custom setup made by Bowtech for some celebrity sports players with extra long draw lengths. It is essentially a Constitution with larger Binary cams like the Allegiance. You are very lucky to have a draw length long enough for that bow. We have several customers that would give anything for a draw length like that.

Thank you for being patient while we switch over to our new card machine. I hope you are happy with your purchase and let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Grizzly Gary
06-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Anybody interested in a September 6TH (Saturday) fun shoot /competition at Wild Wind Sporters?

woodlandtrophies
06-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Count me in Gary!! ^^ I owe ICDucks an a$$ whoopin anyway!

coalbedbuck
06-11-2008, 08:29 AM
somethin close to warren finally. I'm in

Mighty Mike
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
i am up for that. get the details grizz.

hunterdeneugene
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Count me in Gary!! ^^ I owe ICDucks an a$$ whoopin anyway!

shouldn't be that hard......4 year old kids and old ladies could whoop that a$$!

Grizzly Gary
06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
September 6TH it is! Spoke to Wild Wind Ron today and he is ready to go. We will work out the details over the next week and make an official announcement then. Here is what we are thinking.

$20 entry fee. Gets you in the shoot and pays for the prize monies & prize products as well as food & refreshments.

Figuring the shoot will be from 1-4 Saturday afternoon.

We will shoot targets & video targets.

I am figuring we will be limited to 100 shooters at best.

Thinking about having Doc of B & B BBQ do a pig roast for us.

Suggestions will be appreciated. Who else is in??!! I want to know whos money I will be taking! :lol:

www.wildwindsporters.com

coalbedbuck
06-11-2008, 10:47 PM
My wife and kids will be there, hopfully a couple buddies may join in

Mighty Mike
06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
sounds like fun. pig roast would be a neat idea. i am in for twenty bucks.

mike

06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Sounds like alot of fun! 8) I'll be leaving for an archery elk hunt in a couple days after that but hopefully i can get there. :roll: 8)

Grizzly Gary
06-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Will be visiting Wild Wind Ron in the next week to work out the details.

We are talking cash prizes as well as product type prizes.

I can guarantee we will make it fun and well worth the few bucks entry fee. I can also guarantee that all monies will go to prizes and food.

This will be the archers social event of the year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodlandtrophies
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Ooo money? Prizes?! I'm there!!! I likes pretties!!

Mighty Mike
06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
whats the latest grizzly.

mike

woodlandtrophies
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Ah poo! I didn't see the part about video shoot >.< Well I best kick all yas butts on the targets then! Now if my new bow would just get here grrrrrr