PDA

View Full Version : INTERNATIONAL BOWHUNTERS COMING TO WARREN COUNTY !!!

Grizzly Gary
10-11-2006, 06:48 PM
A few months ago a little birdie flew into my window and whispered in my chubby little ear that the I.B.O. (International Bowhunters Orginazation) was considering 2 sites for one of their Triple Crown Competitions. The sites were Warren County or Peak & Peak Resort in NY. State. I was sworn to secrecy regarding this information.

It is now official that the IBO will be coming to Warren County in 2007!!

This is HUGE! Thousands of shooters as well as their family members and friends will be visiting Kinzua Country. This will be a huge benefit to the local economy.

Allow me to be the first to officialy welcome the IBO ! Let us all start working now to roll out the Red Carpet for our visitors!

WELCOME INTERNATIONAL BOWHUNTERS TO WARREN COUNTY !!!

Please all here take the time to post a big welcome! Thanks.

Grizzly Gary

darcher
10-12-2006, 08:56 AM
As an avid archer this is really great news. I am hoping as all the info gets out that it will peak all of our "just bowhunters" interest. Most will say they are not good enough to try, then I say do it anyway. Lots of time to prepare!! We at Jewell Archery will be having indoor spot league starting in Jan. Also leagues and open shooting at the Christian Bowhunters in Falconer. Archery is a great sport, one that you can do for a lifetime. I over heard Garys wife say he doesn't use his bow very much, time for a slight change!!!

Welcome IBO to Warren County, PA

Wild Wind Rob
10-12-2006, 05:42 PM
According to the IBO website, the 2007 schedule still has the Triple Crown where it has been. Do you have any more information?

darcher
10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
You are right, Wild Wind, just keep watching. All will be sorted out in the near future.

Grizzly Gary
10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Spoke to Mr. Watkins IBO President via phone this afternoon. He told me that the IBO will be coming to Warren County in 2007 but the exact date is yet to be determined. He asked me to call him 1 week from today and he hopes to be able to provide exactlies at that time. I will post the details as soon as I have them.

Grizzly Gary

Wild Wind Rob
10-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Wow! This will be the best thing to happen to archery in Warren County in a long time! Keep us posted.

Wild Wind Rob
10-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Have you heard anything yet?

Grizzly Gary
10-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Called IBO President Ken Watkins yesterday but he had left the office. Their schedule still says McKean Pa. in June. So i'm not positive about what's going on. Will call again Monday and try to get clarifacation.

Grizzly Gary

darcher
11-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Just an update On the upcoming IBO Shoot coming to Warren County. Still no confirmed date as of yet, just know it is coming. Some phone calls are being made. Should have it firmed up by end of the year!!!

darcher
12-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Just recieved a call today that IBO and Easton are bringing one of three Easton Archery Weekend Shoots. There is still no confirmed date, but, it will be sometime between the end of August and middle of Sept. I hope by the end of August. I will be talking to those in the know tomorrow, hopefully I will know more.

Mighty Mike
12-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Will be good for Warren. Will this be just for pro types or will they have local type competitions? Neat way to get ready for archery season next year.

mike

darcher
12-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Greetings from Arizona!! This shoot will be geared o the average shooter-bowhunter. Not saying that there on't be classes for the open and pro classes, but we want to gear this toward the hunter type classes. I can't wait to get this all together.

treerat
12-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the update . I have a friend that I graduated High school with that shoots in one of the upper classes . One of those 50+ yard shooters . Ihave shot with him at spots. He is one of those guys that will help anyone with their shooting .

01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Which shoot are they moving?
My guess would be the one in Bedford, Indiana, since they moved the Worlds to Anderson, Indiana for 2007.
I've sot all three Legs plus the Worlds in WV. Great times and alot of great shooters too.

darcher
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Not moving any of them, this is a new shoot altogther.Talked to IBO rep today and we are trying to get them moving on getting a date set.

01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
So this is not a Triple Crown shoot?

darcher
01-01-2007, 10:28 PM
That is correct, not a Triple Crown Shoot, It is a Easton Archery Weekend, new this year. :usa2:

01-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Sounds great!! I'll Be there.

Thanks
MUZZYMAD

Grizzly Gary
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Certainly should be a ton of fun for all. I am told that there will be competitions for every level of shooter. From rookie to pro.

It should also be a boon to the Warren County economy with all those shooters visiting with their friends & family. I'm pumped!

Just aint looking forward to some young kid shooting circles around me! :lol: I can see i'm going to have to do some serious shooting. I hope back yard buck is up to it!

Grizzly Gary

darcher
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Practice is the word, His Way Archers is a good place to start. I will be up there on Weds starting tomorrow from 2 till 9 pm.Willing to help anyone that wants it!!!

I will be attending the Archery Trade Show in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. While there I will be talking to the IBO president and the reps for Easton. Hopefully will return with lots of info to update you on. :thumbup:

01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't have to worry about any kid's shootn' circles around me, I'm in the SENIOR class. But then again, some of the ol' guys ain't lost it yet either!!!

darcher
01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I am a senior also!!! I can tell that the effects of my age are now a factor, but keeping in practice and in good form really help. Here's to getting old. :occasion5: this is not senior soda pop,sparkling water!!

Grizzly Gary
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
darcher, sparkling water works just as well when toasting! :lol:

I am starting to get questions & requests regarding this event.

Kudos to you darcher as I am told that you & the Christian BowHunters are doing much ground work.

How can I help? Let me know.

Grizzly Gary

darcher
02-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the offer of help, I am sure it will be needed . When you work with the powers that be sometimes things move slower than we would like. We have had a couple of meetings, and as of now are waiting to meet very soon with IBO president Ken Watkins. He will be coming here to meet with us and we hope by then to have a layout of events for this weekend. Once we have that the promotion blitz will begin.
Just know that all will want to keep this weekend, Sept 14th thru 16th, open.Lots of shooting, concerts, shopping, etc. Thanks already to the Warren County Fairgrounds, and their staff!!!!

treerat
02-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Where are the fair grounds in your fine county?

darcher
02-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Fairgrounds located in the town of Pittsfield. This is about15 miles west of Warren on Rt 6. Easy to find.

Grizzly Gary
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Spoke to Doug Jewell of Jewell Archery the other day and he has been attending meetings for this event. These guys are working hard to be sure this is a top notch shoot. They will be looking for voluteers down the road. Hope all you archers will be willing to pitch in so we all can help make our visitors welcome.

Grizzly Gary

Grizzly Gary
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Tons of behind the scenes work going on to make this one heck of a shoot. Gonna be one heck of a fun and entertaining weekend!

woodlandtrophies
04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Well if this does indeed happen, you KNOW I will be there! Gotta show off those flashy pink vanes ~.o

darcher
04-22-2007, 06:38 PM
This is going to happen, well on its' way now. Will need lots of help and will let all know how as the time draws closer!!

darcher
05-04-2007, 10:05 AM
While you are watching for info on the upcoming IBO Shoot in Sept please be aware that it is now called the following. " IBO Bowhunting Rendezvous and Gathering "
We had an hour long phone conference to decide that. Change due to different sponsor. We have two meetings scheduled for next week and then I hope I will have some good info to share. One thing that I do have is cost!!
ONE DAY
individual----$25
couple-------$40
family--------$50
youth (12-18 ) $10

WEEKEND
individual----$45
couple-------$60
family--------$65
youth (12-18 ) $15
This includes unlimited shooting at 120 targets, novelty shoot with great prizes,camping. Most everything but food which fair will sell at a reasonable cost, no inflationary sales.Lots of archery related vendors, Christian music concert,possible country music concert, auction and lots of fun. I would say there will be donation boxes out for a couple of the events to help out.Of course this is all subject to change!! Most will be intact tho. Have a great day!!

Grizzly Gary
05-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Greatly looking forward to this event. Thanks for the update darcher! This is another fun for the whole family event.

treerat
05-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Hope it falls on my days off . Would like to get down there to shoot with some of you .

woodlandtrophies
05-16-2007, 12:47 AM
You KNOW I will be there!

Bill J
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
This is another fun for the whole family event.

Even if you are not yet into Bow hunting or are into to it but do not compete I would think you would want to put in some time at this event. There is so much you can learn from the people competing, about the newest in equipment and techniques that is now available to the archers that it would be worth your while to go down.

darcher
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Another meeting today at the fairgrounds. One change that I noticed is for camping. It seems that they are going to charge extra for that. They have the cost but I am going to research that and see if we can lower it before we advertise. The WCCBI does not want to make money on this, just don't want to loose any either.
After the Warren County Fair is over in Aug I will put the word out and have two gatherings of helpers to trim out and mark the courses. Depending on the amount of help that shows up, it should take two to three hours. I will have the layout done, all you will need is a pair of trimmers. I am working on a couple of excellant drawing events for that weekend, hope I can get events together. I know I can if the companies involved will just say YES!!!Have a Blessed day!!!! :lol:

Doug Jewell

darcher
05-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Just got word from IBO that we willl be having a target auction for this shoot. We are hosting the last of the three shoots so we get to have a target auction. I am assuming that means all 120 targets, so save some cash for that!! :lol: :lol:

Doug Jewell

Grizzly Gary
05-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the ongoing updates darcher!!! I for one am looking forward to this event!!

Grizzly Gary
06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Everytime I run into darcher he has a new update of the neat stuff that will take place at this shoot. I for one am going to have to get the bow out starting next month for this one. September is just around the corner.

This event is shaping up to be a bow shooters paradise and there is going to be some fine entertainment to boot!

darcher
07-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Just brought this back to the top so people could read all the updates. Just add to this the money shoot part. I will be posting a pre reg. form this week for those who would like to participate in that format. Thanks

Grizzly Gary
07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the updates darcher. Sorry I have been so busy that I did not get a chance to call & schedule you on the show. I will for sure call tomorrow.

This is going to be a HUGE event for all archers.

I wonder if they will believe I am only 16 so I can compete in the youth division? :lol:

Hey! Many Bait Babes say I look so young! :shock: Oh heck, even the 12 year olds would probably kick my butt!! Darn kids!

Looking forward to this event!

Buck Master
07-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Am I bind? I've read three pages of posts about this event and I can't seem to find a date. I did see that someone said it would be in September.

What are the dates???

darcher
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Right here--------Sept 14 thru 16

treerat
07-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I have the 14th and 15th off from work . hope to make it down at least for one day . :D

Grizzly Gary
08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
120 Mackenzie Targets

"Robin Hood" competition for $10,000

Genesis Youth Shoot

Novelty Shot Competitions for: Traditional Shooters, Adults & Youth

IBO BOWHUNTERS RENDEZVOUS & GATHERING 2007
September 14-16th
Warren County Fair Grounds

To pre-register or for more info call 814-723-3050

This is going to be one fun HUGE event! Tune in this Sunday as darcher will be my hour 2 guest.

treestandtimmy
08-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Get together with your shooting buddies, round up the troops. They need 50 entries in the competition shoot. I think that's pretty attainable, but Doug said that everyone had to enter prior to the start.
IBO BOWHUNTERS RENDEZVOUS & GATHERING 2007
September 14-16th
Warren County Fair Grounds

To pre-register or for more info call 814-723-3050

Mighty Mike
08-22-2007, 11:16 AM
heard there are going to be seminars. anybody know what they are?

mike

darcher
08-22-2007, 10:51 PM
We hope to have them. All those advertised are in the national advertising. We are supposed to have a couple of the Mathews Pros here, but I do not know who as of yet. I will get back to Mathews and see who they are sending, and how they will be utillized.

treestandtimmy
08-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Don't worry if all else fails we can have the Grizz give a seminar on what NOT to do LOL :lol:

darcher
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
That really was on my mind. Grizz, the TIM TAYLOR of archery :lol: :wink:

Bill J
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Great article in the Warren Times Observer today by Outdoor writer Mike Bleech in the Spotlite section. Hope it helps draw more to this event.

ratherbhuntin
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I think treerat and I are gonna try and make it down the 14th didn't see anywheres what time in the morning it started so anyone know that.

darcher
08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Ranges open at noon on Fri the 14th
9:00 a.m. on the 15th
9:00 a.m. on the 16th

Also note, I need lots of help to set targets on the 13th. Do not know the time , soon as targets arrive. But for sure 3:00pm till dark.

Workbee this Sat morning to continue layout of courses, 9:00 a.m.