PDA

View Full Version : Mega Muskie!!

Will_S
10-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Thought I would share this one with ya. I try to keep up on how the fishing is going on some of my haunts in the US and Canada and came across this tanker. Not much information on it other than it was caught in Lake Ni****ing and measured 58 inches long and upper 20s in girth. This fish is guesstimated to weigh around the 60lb mark which is just huge! The angler released the fish to fight another day!

BTW I would not doubt that something near this is swimming in Kinzua.

http://www.baytoday.ca/uploads/content/Giant_Muskie.JPG

Bryan Hoffner
10-13-2006, 05:08 AM
That's a beauty.
I do believe there is this type of monster swimming in the zoo.
With the size of the northern that we saw the first day of the Kinzua Kenny (cabelas)
this spring there has to be. It was in 2 to 5 foot of water and when we got a good look it was stealing a 13 to14 inch walleye off my partners jighead less than 5 foot from the boat. Had to be all of 40 inch probably more. When it turned, huge sides and we saw probably the front 2 foot of it and it wasnot getting any thinner yet.
It had to be on the feed hard cause we had been catching 13 to 17 inch eyes in shallow water and it was right there with them. i now know what it'll take for live bait to catch one of these monsters. Now it's just finding one again.

carl milks
10-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow, that's quite a fish!!! Where did you find the pic? I too believe there's similar in the Zoo. My partner Ferbie (Jen, my daughter) hooked into one of those monster muskies this spring during a tourny. She thought she was snagged til it started going the opposite way. She fought it for a long time and finally got it up to where we could see it- it was well over 50- could'nt venture a guess on weight, but I have a 48" X 35 lber on my wall and hers made mine look like a minnie!!! So I don't doubt Moby is swimming around in there!!!

walleyebuster
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
hey carl you must have been the one on the other end of your daughters line cause it seems you not unlike that muskie is always going the wrong way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

walleyebuster

walleyebuster
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
this it wat it should be

walleyebuster
10-15-2006, 06:25 PM
im trying to post a pic but i having troubles srry guys

Will_S
10-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Carl the pic is from the North Bay online paper.

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=15967

carl milks
10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanx Will S. I saved it & gonna mail to my buddy. And Walleyebuster-I'm not sure WHO was going the wrong way that day!!!!

Grizzly Gary
10-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the link WillS , that is a great story. Another angler lands a monster fish and releases it. Beautiful thing!

Grizzly Gary

ratherbhuntin
12-31-2006, 06:08 PM
thats a big fish ive never been musky fishing but seeing ones like that sure makes me wanna give it a try.