PDA

View Full Version : NO WINTER 3-D??????????????

ICDUCKS
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
How come nobody has winter 3-D shoots anymore?
Too much work?
Not enough people showing up?
Whats the deal? I used to love shootin' in the winter!
I know we can shoot indoors at Hisway but its just not the same.
but its still alot of fun!!!http://www.hiswayarchers.com/

Grizzly Gary
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Let me see... :roll: :-k Shoot indoors where it is nice and warm & toasty at His Way Archers?

OR

Shoot outside in single digit temperatures?

This chubby little shooter will take the inside every time! :lol:

darcher
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Having done winter shoots for 10 years,( setting up and running ) and also participating it was very hard work but fun to do. I miss the winter shoots but not the setting up and tearing down. The number of shooters is down but the number of helpers is terrible. Everyone wants to have fun but few will join a club and help do the labor. Many clubs in our area have quit doing the 3-D shoots because of the lack of help. I remember shoveling out 3 feet of snow to place targets and shooting stakes, then carrying out 30 targets because we had no machines to do it with. Oh the memories. I say join a local club, suggest winter shoots and tell them you will set up and tear down, plus register the shooters, get your friends to join in and help. Then I will have a winter shoot to go to! :lol:

Grizzly Gary
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
d'archer you make a most valid point. So many want to do this and that but very few are willing to volunteer to make it happen.

Lots of work involved setting up a 30 3D target range for winter shooters. Heck, it is hard work for set-up for warm temps 3D shoots!

Join a club. Get involved. Make it happen!!!

treestandtimmy
01-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Imagine having to set all that stuff up in the 10 degree high weather like it'll be tomorrow.