PDA

View Full Version : KNOCKIN KNEES BEAR STORY

JIMMY1SHOT
10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
SAT. EVENING GOT INTO THE WOODS WITH HORNS AT ABOUT 4PM. HORNS DECIDED TO HUNT FROM THE GROUND WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A BAD IDEA. 40 MINUTES INTO OUR HUNT A BIG BLACK BEAR DECIDED IT WOULD RUN RIGHT AT HORNS AND STOP ABOUT 30 YARDS AWAY FROM HIM.THEN THE BEAR DECIDED TO CIRCLE HIM A COUPLE OF TIMES AND LEFT.ESTIMATED WWEIGHT 350 400 PNDS.HORNS DECIDED NOT TO SHOOT THE BEAR BEING HE WAS HUNTING ON THE GROUND.WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

treestandtimmy
10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Pull the trigger big fella! You don't get that many good opportunities for a bear like that. I think the bear would be a little more worried about the hole through it's lungs than you.

Grizzly Gary
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Hornz should have took the shot. Can he shoot that far? Gotta tell ya that unless I had a good clear shot I wouldn't be shootin nuthin that might kick my azz!

Grizzly Gary

10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
I gave Hornz the low down today and doled an atta boy for his restraint....

Bear Killin' ain't nuthin' to serve up with even a hint of agnosticism....................................... ....

rattrapper
10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Bears arn't so scary up close. Specially if they have a trap on their foot. --------- rattrapper

10-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Poke a shakey broadhead in a unrestrained 400 lb'er fully aware of your presence at 30 steps via ground launch and allow him the chance to run or fight....a shakey roll of the dice at best.

I KNOW exactly how fast a Yogi of that largitude can sprint within' my proximity of 50 yards or less......seen it first hand at least thrice and tryin' to recall details of a possible fourth.

Have also seen one of similar largitude clear the height of a bait drum and cling to the side of a tree like a dying squirrel....making efforts to bite out the shaft via snarls and growls...predictability is mostly uncertain at that point.

Mucho impressive what a big old fat bear can do with a shot of adrenalin.................

JIMMY1SHOT
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH WILDSWALKER YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A BEAR IS THINKING OR WHAT IT WILL DO WITH A HOLE PUT IN ITS SIDE.BE OK FROM A TREE STAND BUT ON THE GROUND IS ANOTHER STORY.TREESTANDTIMMIE THINKS HE WOULD TAKE THE SHOT :roll: : QUESTION IS HAS HE EVER BEEN IN THAT SITUATION ?I DONT THINK SO.

treestandtimmy
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
All I know Jimmy is that I'm braver with a bear than someone I know namely (YOU) are face to face with a harmless little Holstein Heffer. Just so everyone knows, Don't take Jimmy1shot hunting anywhere near a cow pasture, unless you want him to run away like a little girl :lol:

JIMMY1SHOT
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
TREESTANDTIMMIE SURE LIKES TO TALK ALOT ABOUT NOT BEING SCARED OF BEARS SAYS HE STALKS THEM ON THE GROUND WITH HIS BOW LETS ASK TREESTANDTIMMIE WHEN THE LAST TIME HE KILLED A BEAR OR EVEN PULLED BACK ON A BEAR FOR THAT MATTER HAS TREESTANDTIMMIE EVER EVEN SEEN A BEAR.ALL THIS TALK FROM A GUY WHO WANT EVEN GO IN THE WOODS UNTIL ITS LIGHT OUT

10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Do tell.......!!

treestandtimmy
10-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Now were just making stuff up Jimmy, if we're going to cast aspersions at each other lets be truthfull.
Fact #1 Jimmy1shot IS afraid of cows :oops: :oops:
Fact#2 Treestandtimmy HAS seen several bears in the woods :shock:
Fact#3 No Treestandtimmy hasn't drawn on one or even killed one with a bow :cry:
Fact#4 Treestandtimmy HAS stalked bears with a bow (to no avail) :x
Fact#5 Treestandtimmy IS in the woods before sunlight and leaves after sundown
Fact#6 Jimmy1shot hasn't even killed a deer with his bow! :wink:

Now that the truth is known
What now?? :lol: :lol:

10-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Do I even NEED to stir this pot..??

JIMMY1SHOT
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
ARE YOU EMBARRASED TREEBOY :oops: IM SORRY IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR SKILLS I THINK YOU ARE A GOOD HUNTER, WELL AT LEAST YOU TRY

JIMMY1SHOT
10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
WILDSWALKER YES!!!!!

treestandtimmy
10-24-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.napoleondynamitetshirt.com/images/snorg_skills_t-shirts.jpg
I've got mad skills

JIMMY1SHOT
10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
OK THEIR NAPOLIAN DINOMITE GIRLS WILL LIKE WITH OR WITHOUT SKILLS SO DONT YOU WORRY YOU DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS IF YOUR JUST TRYING TO IMPRESS A WOMAN. THEY SHOULD LIKE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

FisherMOM
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM
OK.. this here is one scary tale.
Glad that bear turned and left, otherwise, this post
could have been a prayer request or an obituary notice.

I think HORNZ made the right choice.

JIMMY1SHOT
10-25-2006, 09:47 AM
ALL JOKING ASIDE I AGREE WITH YOU FISHER MOM. ALTHOUGH BLACK BEARS ARE NOT BIG SCARY ANIMALS LOOKING TO EAT PEOPLE YOU CAN NEVER TELL WHAT IT IS GOING TO DO OR WHEN SO WHY TAKE THE CHANCE FROM THE GROUND. IF A BLACK BEAR FEELS CORNERED OR THREATENED ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Mighty Mike
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Jimmy and timmy. I think you both dress funny. i bet gary could make up a nice poem about you 2. I'm told hornz is the only real man among you. he he he

Mike

JIMMY1SHOT
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
MIGHTY MIKE JUST BECOUSE TIMMY AND I DONT DRESS LIKE A WOMEN ON FRIDAY NIGHTS LIKE SOME PEOPLE WE KNOW :shock: DOES NOT MEAN WE DRESS FUNNY :lol:

Grizzly Gary
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Seems to me Jimmy that you dress funny. Also seems to me that it is your wife that has to shoot a deer with her bow for you every year. Her being heavily impregnated this year means you might have to go without venison! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

treestandtimmy
10-26-2006, 05:38 PM
That's right Grizz, I forgot fact#7 Jimmy's wife has killed more deer than him :lol:

Grizzly Gary
11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Sorry Jimmy, but it is true that your wonderful wife has harvested deer and you have not. As I said before, now that she is severly pregnant with your next child she is unable to bow hunt. Looks like you will have to be bumming venison from me & hornz!

Grizzly Gary

treestandtimmy
11-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Grizz, it's almost time to start hearing the Jimmy stories about "almost shooting one last night, but he must have winded me or something" :lol: And "if I was in my treetand I would have got him, but I was kneeling in between some corn and he didn't get close enough" :lol: Poor Jimmy, I hope he shoots a spike (11 point in his world) :P

JIMMY1SHOT
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
JUST MEANS I DONT HAVE TO GET MY HANDS DIRTY GRIZZ ;TIMMY OTHER PEOPLE BESIDES YOU SEE DEER IN THE WOODS BELIEVE IT OR NOT;WE ALL CANT BE A REAL MAN LIKE YOU AND WRESTLE BEAR WITH A POCKET KNIFE BUT I DO TRY :wink:

treestandtimmy
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Don't try to play the poor Jimmy role, we all know that you can take a little abuse without crying to mama. So knock it off and make up another story about a "big buck" in your sights

JIMMY1SHOT
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
I CANT HELP THAT MY WIFE SHOOTS MORE DEER THAN ALL OF US;DONT KEEP TRYING TO MAKE LOOK LIKE IM THE ONLY ONE;

JIMMY1SHOT
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT IF I TELL SOMEONE SOMTHING ITS THE FACTS ONLY;YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE LIKE I SAID BEFORE IF YOU DIDNT SEE IT TI DIDNT HAPPEN BECAUSE TREESTANDTIMMY WAS NOT THERE TO SEE IT :shock:

treestandtimmy
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Be carefull Jimmy you and Hornz might get abmushed in the woods and end up like this
http://www.hboss.net/forums/uploads/post-5-1071426108.jpg