ICDUCKS
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Has anyone tried it?
Have you been successful?
whats some of your secrets?
Blinds?

ratherbhuntin
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
I amg onna give it this year. i am gonna get one of those little stools so i can just shoot sitting down. plus i have a blind if i can get set up with one on the roost.

coalbedbuck
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
have a blind, plan on givng it a shot this season if I can roost one and get the right set up...Those stools are great I have 3 of em...Not too hard to shoot from either.

ICDUCKS
02-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Im gonna do some research and try it myself this year. Dont know if im gonna spend the money and get some Gobbler Guillotines and try to knock their heads off or stick em with a broad head.

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I've watched alot of hunting shows where they used those crazy guillotine blades, man heads were flying all over.

ratherbhuntin
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
i am gonna stick with regular broadheads. the guillotines look nice but how in the heck would you sight in to shoot one of those things.

hunterdeneugene
02-06-2008, 09:12 PM
guillotines are the only way to go is what I have heard from those who hunt alot with the bow. Heres a link....

http://www.arrowds.com/guillotine/guillotine.htm

Ligoweez
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I have never seen those Guillotines in action before. they are awesome!!!!

mikeymjr23
02-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I have never purposely gone turkey hunting with a bow. However, 2 years ago, I was sitting in my tree stand, waiting for the next world record whitetail to come by, when 2 jakes came out. I could not resist, and sent a 100gr. Muzzy sailing through the closest one, pinning him to the ground.

You want to make sure to pin the bird to the ground. The feathers soak up most to all of the blood, which renders a pass-through shot useless if the bird takes off. Possibly lightening your draw weight might work...I have heard that 50-60 is perfect for birds. Mine is set at 65, and that is what I used, but the bird was fairly close, which allowed for my arrow to stick in the ground, rather than pass through.

Be prepared for A LOT of noise! They will flop, unless you manage to get an immediate kill, which I am guessing is going to almost very VERY difficult.

mikeymjr23
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
WOW! I just watched the video on that site! That is amazing!!! I want those now.

I guess that I should retract my previous statement about immediate kills!

Tucker Time
02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Blinds can be very effective. Stay back in the shadows of the blind so the bird don't see you draw back. The Eastern's are the most difficult birds I have hunted. Still no kill with a bow. This year I hope to chalk one up. :D

ICDUCKS
02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Ill film it for ya if you want Tucker.

Tucker Time
02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Ill film it for ya if you want Tucker.
It's a posability.

02-26-2008, 10:08 PM
I just plainly blew the shot last year but my son and another friend each killed one with a bow.You really have to use a ground blind.The good thing is that the birds really don't seem to be afraid to come close.Had 2 hens about 10 feet away and i moved around some to see how they reacted and they didn't spook.We have shot right thru the netting on our ground blinds and didn't see any issues but they say that expandibles may vere off course.Not sure about that.We used 100 gr. Thunderheads and G5 Montecs.Most birds went less than 20 yards.One just laid down on the spot.Gonna try again this year!!! Sure is nerve-racking!! Our blinds have the dark interior and we wear dark upper garments.Don't have a window open behind you either because they 'll see you move.Our blinds are from Cabelas.We paid about 150.00 for them.The Double Bull Blinds are really nice but too expensive.Ours sets up and takes down in a minute.Makes it nice to re-locate if you have to.We have the short stools too that they sell,just for ground blinds. 8)

Grizzly Gary
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Certainly sounds like a true challenge. I will think about you guys while jigging for eyes in my boat. :lol:

Don't forget to take pics to share.

ICDUCKS
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I cant wait to get after it!

treestandtimmy
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
The day has come brotha!

ICDUCKS
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes it has!!! I cant sleep!!!!!

I dont even know where Im going in the am!!!!

treestandtimmy
04-30-2008, 10:33 PM
wherever you hear a Gobble I presume... :shock:

ICDUCKS
04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Takin Tage with....

Prolly hit some state land either in Panama or Sinclairville

treestandtimmy
04-30-2008, 10:42 PM
sweeet man...I saw a few long beards on the back side of state lands outside Panama on Sunday...I'll give you the zactleys if you want them

woodlandtrophies
04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
No fair!!! I have to wait until Saturday!! :'(

Have no clue where I am going yet. I have some nice private property I could go to, but just a matter of beating the other guys to it. Looks like it will just be me & the boy out, although he doesn't sound too thrilled about getting up before the sun after last weekends bust so may be going it alone woohoo!

Not sure if I will try gun or bow. Haven't decided yet.. heck I'm not even packed yet!!

treestandtimmy
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Tuckertime and I were out yesterday, I had the bow and he had the gun and a camera...lots of gobblin' 1 hen came in, but the big boy kept his distance and circled around us. They must not have liked our set as much as we did. Great morning non the less...can't wait until Sunday and give it another try.

tunadawg
05-03-2008, 04:02 PM
It sure must be nice to hunt sundays and have that extra day. I'm jealous.

treestandtimmy
05-08-2008, 06:40 PM
going to give it another try in the morning

Grizzly Gary
05-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey DUCKS. That gobble bird you told me you got the other day.....I don't remember you saying you shot that with a bow??? :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

treestandtimmy
05-12-2008, 05:32 PM
a 12 guage bow from what I heard! :shock: