PDA

View Full Version : New bow

treerat
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I Buying a new bow next week . I have decided on the Journey by Mission Archery
http://www.missionarchery.com/index.asp?CompID=44&PageID=bows&action=ViewProduct&ProductID=1388
Shot this bow along with a switchback xt and a Ross cardiac . All three bows felt the same to me . The journey was $150 cheaper .
String loops what are the advantages to using one ? This bow is shorter than my present bow . Its a little faster also .

outfishya
02-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Do you think you will be able to keep up with us this year??

treerat
02-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Probably not :lol: Might go get the bow today or Friday .

treestandtimmy
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Looks like a Mathews.....sounds like a pretty good choice treerat.

treerat
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Sweet shooting little bow . Just got back from the shop with her :D Treestandtimmy Its mathews new line to compete with diamond and reflex . Any one that is looking for an affordable bow should try Mission bows . If you want to just save a few $$$ also . Here she is aint she pretty
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/DSC00580.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/DSC00583.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/DSC00582.jpg

J-k
02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Very nice! That's a good looking bow!

ratherbhuntin
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
guess ill have to get down and shoot sometime now. i better bring the recurve if i do cuzz fishing season is just around the corner.

Tucker Time
02-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Sweet bow treerat. Can't wait to see a picture of the first harvest. :D

treerat
02-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe a turkey this spring or the neighbors cat :D .Rbh come on down the range is plowed out and ready to go . Might go up to the hooch to shoot this weekend .

ICDUCKS
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Nice bow Treerat!

Grizzly Gary
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Nice stick thrower treerat!

I have heard good things about the Matthews Mission Series.

I wonder if Outfishya will still OUTSHOOTYA and Ratherbhuntin like she did a few weeks ago???!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Any local Warren County/Chautauqua County folks who are interested in a test shoot of the new Matthews Mission Series Bows should visit Pine Grove Archery in Russell Pa. or call them at 814-757-9514.

For me? I may have to hunt one more year with the bow that no-one can say what it is? New boat, new muzzleloader??? Know what I mean?

Can you say....WIFE???!!!

treerat
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Gary the Mission X3 is very affordable . or I will give you a deal on a used Mathews Q2xl . :?

phlstr119
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Just got through looking at bows today myself. My son and I have a couple of Parker bows, love them. The hunt just fine, but the boy is going to need a longer draw lenght and I would like to update my equipment to a shorter axel length bow for hunting out of them blinds and the climber. I went down to star brick and looked at the bowtech bows. Personally a great bow, but wow a stiff price tag. I heard a big song and dance about the fact that they are getting over 300 fps and at 33 decibles they are as quite as anything outhere. I like the looks of the bow you chose, and I think I will check them out before making my final choice. It is going to be hard to beat my Parker Bow, only shoots about 275 fps, not a quite as this new bow. I would even consider upgrading, but I do want the extra room in the stand and blind.
Anyone out there shoot the new Parker Legend XP or Trailblazer XP> I would love to hear what you think.

ICDUCKS
02-21-2008, 06:44 AM
I would think if you had a good sponser they would set you up with a new bow.

Tucker Time
02-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Maybe a turkey this spring or the neighbors cat :D .Rbh come on down the range is plowed out and ready to go . Might go up to the hooch to shoot this weekend .
A turkey this spring it is. :D

treerat
02-21-2008, 10:36 AM
phlstr119 How old is your Boy? Shorter Ata for you how long is your current bow ? I did not try a Parker when looking .I shot Ross ,Mathews ,Hoyt and the Mission . Your best thing for you to do is shoot as many as you can . I prefer Smooth drawing bows. So I stuck with a single cam bows . Lots of good shooting bows on the market this year . Dont forget to try the cheaper bows . Some of them may really surprise you . If you really liked the Bowtechs check out the Diamond line . They are bowtechs cheaper line .Heres a good place to start some online research .
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/index.php
Lots of reviews on lots of different bows and archery gear . Use the search feature on that site for the bows you are interested in .

phlstr119
02-23-2008, 07:55 AM
My boy is going to be 17 this may. We have both very much enjoyed our Parker bows, and I will be sticking with the single cam set up. I think we have settled on the Parker XP Legend. Not Cheap, but not overly expensive. He is going to stick with the goold old whisker biscuit, while I am goint to shoot my drop zone. I think we have both decided to go to a very bright single pin set up as we are hunters, we don't shoot spots or 3d's and I think the simplicity of the one pin system is nice. I am sure there are bows that are faster and perhaps a hair quiter, but I think for the overall perfomance it's a Parker Bows for us Wilson's. See ya in the woods, or maybe not if the camo is doing its job. :wink:

phlstr119
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
:oops: OK I can admit when I am wrong. Went down and actually shot a Bowtech. Yikes, the quitest and fastes bow I have ever shot. I was even more impressed when they broke out a General BowTech Bow. I told them while I was impressed with the speed and quiteness, I was really more interested in a Smooth Bow for Hunting. The General was just the choice. So Impressed I bought 2. My Son was just as impressed and we look forward to a very fun year of hunting. I still say that the Parker Bows were very solid, and we had no issues with our bows. I just couldn't ingore the technology that I found in the BowTech Bows. Yikes, very expensive, but in all worth every penny. :D

Wild Wind Rob
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Congrats on the purchase! Thanks for giving them a try. Most people who do end up doing the same thing you just did. Enjoy your new bow!

Ligoweez
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the purchase! Thanks for giving them a try. Most people who do end up doing the same thing you just did. Enjoy your new bow!

Yep..... when I shot a Bowtech for the first time, I was hooked!!! I had to get one and I love it!!!

phlstr119
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I Think I Bought those bows at your shop. I'll be down Friday with my son to finish the setup work, got the sights in today. Looking forward to taking getting them set up. Currently I am getting over a little Strep Throat, but can't wait to home to check out our new sights. My son is PUMPED. He knows that he has some great equipment. In fact it was my son's reaction that helped me to take the extra step away from the Parker Bows. We had decided which Parker Bows we wanted and even joked on the way down that day that the Bow Tech Bows were not for us, OOPS, big mistake. Always shoot the equipment before passing up on the equipment, another lesson learned. :roll:

If you have not yet shot a Bow Tech Bow and are looking to buy a New Bow this Season, you really should FEEL or a Better way to put it is TO NOT FEEL is the difference. When you shoot one of these bows nothing happens other than the arrow speeds off into the target and the bow is left in your hand perfectly, no jumping or vibratin of the bow. Simply Amazing. Shoot one if you dare, but bring along some money your going to want it with you when your done.