PDA

View Full Version : Its Time

Old School Dave
10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Got the bow sighted in,tree stands in place and the rut is close here in our area. Will let the stands sit for awhile and start hitting the petting zoo(80 mile drive0 come next Sunday.Our land owner has already got us primed by showing us some videos he took of nice bucks he took as he was working on his new house.

Outdoorsman
10-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I was out today and seen one small buck and one decent one. None I could tell where chasing yet. It was about this time last year that I seen them starting. Your timing should be at the beggining. Hope it stays cold to get them moving.

treerat
10-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Yep looks like next weekend the time will be Right . Had a friend miss a small 8 Saturday that was pestering a doe . Neighbor said he saw a couple of decent bucks this morning with their noses to the ground .

Mighty Mike
10-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Bucks in my area of ny are starting to sniff hard. Saw one chasing a doe this morning. Saw a nice rack nose to the ground cross the road in front of me yesterday. He was acting real stupid.

Mike

Grizzly Gary
10-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey! When I was young and horny I acted stupid too!! :lol: Now is the time to start using that doe in heat lure!

Grizzly Gary

treerat
10-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey! When I was young and horny I acted stupid too!! :lol: Now is the time to start using that doe in heat lure!

Grizzly Gary
Guess you must still consider your self young .

Isaw a decent buck this morning nose to the ground running across a corn field . Think its time to break out my bag of tricks .Bag of tricks is what I call my decoy siince I keep it in a millitary duffle bag . Time to do some trick or treating :twisted:

Grizzly Gary
10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I aint young. I unfortunately aint horny. But sad to say I am still stupid now and again!! :lol: :lol:

Tell us what is in that bag of tricks Treerat. Once again, inquiring minds want to know.

Grizzly Gary

treerat
10-27-2006, 05:08 AM
I all ready told you What bag of tricks was . . Must be Just like a buck in rut .
Bag of tricks is what I call my decoy . Decoying is fun When they work .Unfortunately it did not work last night . . But if you get a decoy You have to have a sense of humor . Its so funny to watch the young fawns around them .