PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite archery shop and why?

ICDUCKS
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Tell us where and why you like a certain archery shop.

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure if this counts but there used to be an archery shop in Fredonia that was called J and C Archery, The owner Big John Evans passed away while hunting quite awhile ago and the shop shut down, but that was the place for me. John pretty much taught me how to shoot a bow, and he was'nt the kind of guy that would rip you off. His prices were good and I believed and trusted everything he said. God Bless you John and thanks for the knowledge that you shared with me.
Ever since then I have'nt found another shop that I care for in my area.

Ligoweez
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Definately Wild Wind Sporters!!!!!

They have been very helpfull from getting me behind the right bow (Bowtech!!!!) to recommending the right equiptment. They helped me set up and I am well on my way to my first Archery Harvest!!

Everybody is very friendly and Informative!! I truely enjoy going their and shooting my bowtech!!!

treerat
03-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Ackleys in Westfield Pa. Dont have very many choices out this way . They have a pretty good selections in bows Mission ,Mathews ,Ross and Hoyt . Good selections on accessory's.

we3jeepers
03-07-2008, 10:02 PM

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
03-08-2008, 08:26 AM
West Wind is extremely overpriced!!!!!! I wish someone would open another archery shop in the Dunkirk Fredonia area. :x

coalbedbuck
03-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I would have said Priest Hollow but unfortunately it closed. Jeff was always more than willing to help you be a better shooter. I now go to Wild Wind Sporters, and the place is just as great as Priest hollow was. They are right on top of the technology and are good at what they do.

03-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Outpost Archery in Fairview{Erie}.Frank and JP are nicest guys to work on your bows.They are both big time archery hunters and professional bow mechanics.Their shop has 3D,Spots and The Dart System.They completely dismantel my bow every year and check every part,screw,wheels and etc. so that it performs flawlessly.Very patient and always have plenty of accessories and hunting gear on hand. 8)

ICDUCKS
03-10-2008, 04:26 AM
Sorry about that Maddog I forgot about Outpost.That is a nice shop.

woodlandtrophies
03-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Pine Grove for me ^^
When I used to own a Hoyt, it was West Wind. That guy there knew his Hoyts!! (Heard its someone different running it now)

Tucker Time
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I have a press so I do my own work. For parts I like Wild Wind Sporters until they moved farther away from me. I still need to pick up a gun of mine they have.

ICDUCKS
03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
I dont know why Pine Grove isnt on here Im sure I put it on here

Bwanna Jim
03-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Les sold me my first Matthew's bow when he had Sweet Town in Sugar Grove. When he closed up I took the bow to S&S in Springville and they did a fine job on keeping things right. But now that Les is back in the game I will be going to Pine Grove from now on!!

J-k
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Tall Tales! Great People! Great service!

firemedic3314
03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I go to Sinclairville Shurfine....Scott Dibble runs the store...plus hes a good guy for bow advice....he does all my work.

Tucker Time
03-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I go to Sinclairville Shurfine....Scott Dibble runs the store...plus hes a good guy for bow advice....he does all my work.

I love that store. My brother lives in Sinclaireville and I always stop in for a sub and look at hunting stuff. They have a pretty good turnout on hunting contests as well.