PDA

View Full Version : Wading for walleye

Old School Dave
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Anyone wade Kinzua or Chat. (main lake) for walleyes? Very popular here in my neck of the woods since we have no good river fishing. The guys here are doing quite well wading mosquito and it will probably remain so until the ice comes on.

Bryan Hoffner
10-26-2006, 05:51 AM
Nope, I do it in the river. I haven't even heard of anyone doing it on the the zoo. Although I suppose if I would think about it there is a few places i would try it. The one i have off the top of my head I'd need my boat to get there so why wade.

I have heard of and talked to a few guys that do it on Chatauqua. I've seen the results a few times and yep they wacked em pretty good. Same basic principal as what i do in the river.

I'm stuck on the boat on the lakes around here. I just can't change. Got the neoprene for the river. Fishin buddy bought a new jet boat this summer, now we can get to and wade the spots we've just been looking at for years.

Grizzly Gary
10-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Lots if waders on Chautauqua. Summer time and spring they wade out just short of the end of the weedline and cast out. Do quite well i'm told. I'm like Hoff though, i'm in the boat.

Grizzly Gary

Gilligan
10-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I've also seen quite a few nite fishing wading the shorelines on Chautauqua. Was trolling one night in front of Dutch Hollow Creek, I use a bouey there to line up to, thought I was pointed at the bouey till I nearly ran over a guy! Bemus Bay and Long Point get quite a few waders.