PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Arrows

phlstr119
03-24-2008, 09:22 AM
OK, so I have been playing around with arrow building for some time now. A few years ago I made the switch to carbons, Love them Gold Tips. Here is my question is there any good way to remove the inserts from carbon arrows without doing damage? I generally glue with goat tuff and have a couple of inserts that need to come out. Thoughts? :?:

treerat
03-24-2008, 11:45 AM
found this on another board
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=533686&highlight=removing+inserts
maybe one of their suggestions will work
/
/
Ok after reading that thread the drill bit thing didnt make sense to me. Looked at another thread I think I now have it figured out . Take a drill bit that will completely fit in side an arrow shaft .drop it inside the shaft and take the arrow and swing it like a golf club . They say it will pop the insert right out . they suggest to do this outside .
Let us know if it works please :idea:

03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I've shot a few trees and the side of my barn and pulled the insert out. :shock: :lol: I guess you don't want to do that :?: Sorry couldn't resist! :lol:

Tucker Time
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I've shot a few trees and the side of my barn and pulled the insert out. :shock: :lol: I guess you don't want to do that :?: Sorry couldn't resist! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Funny Mad Dog :lol: :lol:

I use a lighter to heat it up until the glue gets hot enough to release the insert. They tell me not to do that, then again people tell me not to do a lot of the things I do. :lol: :lol: