PDA

View Full Version : treerat's first miss of the year

treerat
10-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes it does happen . This afternoon I was out and had six does under me that I decided to pass on . About an half hour latter here he comes along with a few friends . As he gets closer I draw the bow when he gets behind a tree . It takes him awhile to clear the tree but he is broad side now . I guess the yardage to be about twenty yards and put the pin where it belongs and let fly . The arrow went right between his legs :wink: Oh well turkey1 treerat 0 .As I walked out the woods I seen him and his buddys roosted in the trees . I told them I will be back for round 2 :lol:

Grizzly Gary
10-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Ya still got your blood pumping and still had fun right? That's all that counts. Plus Treerat you got another story to tell. Still sounds like a fine day afield to me.

Grizzly Gary

Mighty Mike
10-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Happens to the best of us. No easy task even getting a shot at a turkey with a bow. Them are some very wary birds.

Mike

ratherbhuntin
10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
After all that time we spent at the 3d shoot shooting that skinny quartering hen and ya let this happens. oh well at least you have gotten a shot at one the only tukerys i seen were about 400 yrds away.

Grizzly Gary
10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with Mighty Mike. Getting a shot at a turkey bird with a bow is a feat to begin with. Hell i've missed deer at 15 yds. and them are 20 times bigger than them turkeys. Also sounds to me like you have another hunting memory so I figure you still scored.

Grizzly Gary

carl milks
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Glad a couple others admitted to missing. Missed a decent 6 pointer Monday morning @ 15 yds!!! Watch that bulky coat where it may come in contact with your bowstring, it can almost throw you out of your stand!