PDA

View Full Version : ICE FISHING GET TOGETHER

Grizzly Gary
10-30-2006, 08:40 AM
TOI would you give us info on Consensus, Distance, room rates etc. I would be interested in making a January run. I won't even bring tip-ups!

Who all wants to go?

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Gary, the north end of Conesus Lake is about 140 miles from Warren,PA. it is all expressway driving (rt 86-rt 390) and should only take a little over 2 hours. The town is Lakeville,NY. There is a hotel almost directly across the street and a couple more just a few miles away in Geneseo. I will check on rates and a possible discount.

There is a get together from another site on 2/17
www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=37307.0

we could either join in or have our own.

craven
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Id be interested.

Mighty Mike
10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
i also will go. Even if it means spending a weekend with gary. This sounds like fun to me. I like the Feb date. Nuthin like some adult beverages while fishing with friends. Just eyedoktr or gilligan do me a favor and talk to gary all weekend. If you keep him distracted i can chase the bait babes.

Mike

Grizzly Gary
10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
The February date sounds fine by me. Thanks for the info eyedoktr. I would have no problem having more than one group participate. The more the merrier!

The 2 hour drive is very reasonable. All we would have to worry about is some kind of blizzard or something.

As to you and the Bait Babes Mighty Mike, all Bait Babes will be staying with me. They can't help themselves that way!!! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
10-30-2006, 11:36 PM
GRIZZ
The Eyedoktr pretty much gave you all the info you need. The area is a great place to gather and easy to get to.
February dates are good but we should look into what dates other derbies and tournaments fall on in case anyone is signed up to fish them.
Personally, I would like to get together with just Grizzly Gary members as there are some people from the other group that I wouldn't whizz on if they were on fire :evil:
I would do my best to stay clear of those people but I could'nt guarantee that they'd walk off the ice under there own power :)
I think the Eyedoktr knows how to keep me occupied so I don't pay attention to those guys so things would be OK.

Whatever we decide, I will donate a custom TOI jig pack to the person from this site who catches the biggest bluegill.
I do take bribes, under the table payments and other forms of income !

Grizzly Gary
10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
I will attempt to telephonically contact the eyedoktr. Sounds to me like a fine weekend is in the works.

Grizzly Gary

jiggingshad11
10-31-2006, 09:38 AM
I'll go also--was up there 2 yrs ago and fished a open derby and caught over 100+ gills and perch, that was with 2 poles--It was a fun day--now 2 poles + 5 tip downs- wow!!
Catch & Release for me.

Mighty Mike
11-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I think gary should get each of us one of those hot young bait babes he hangs out with to keep us warm. How much fun would that make your ice fishing.

Mike

Grizzly Gary
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Told ya before i'll tell ya again, all hot Bait Babes stay with me. Get your own Bait Babes. Bait Babes love chubby, warm & handsome anglers like me.

Already looking forward to the trip!

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
11-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Gary wrote
Bait Babes love chubby, warm & handsome anglers like me.

then you're gonna have some competition from this chubby,warm & hansome angler

:D

Grizzly Gary
11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
That's what I worry about eyedoktr, WAY to much competition in that category! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

makiplastic
11-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I am in for prizes as well G, I will be there as long as it does not occur on an iceteam tourny weekend.
Maki

Grizzly Gary
11-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks Maki (Scott)!! I also look forward to meeting you all. Also look forward to a fine weekend of ice fishing. Is this lake as good as you guys claim? Don't mean to be sceptical, but I am a questioning kind of guy! :lol:

www.makiplastic.com

Grizzly Gary

makiplastic
11-06-2006, 10:22 PM
G, It is as good as people say. The cool part about Conesus you can catch 1-2 lb perch, decent gills, 4-5lb bass and 15lb northerns out of the same hole. The only potential problem is the DEC is taking a hard look at conesus for VHS. There are wild rumors flying around about closing lakes blah blah blah. I will belive it when I see it.
I to anticipating our meeting and I would love to come on the show some time. Call me.
Later
Maki

TONY ON ICE
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
GRIZZ
A few years back, we had an icefishing gathering on Coneseus Lake and it really opened the eyes of a lot of fishermen/women. The amount, variety and quality of fish that were caught was amazing.
Once we all got aquainted, I took a small group of children who's mother was at the gathering. They were all girls between the ages of 6 and 10 years old. I set them up in the holes I had drilled earlier and spent the rest of the afternoon baiting their hooks and taking off fish. We lost count of how many big gills and perch they caught but if those little girls can catch that many fish, you shouldn't have any problems catching a dozen or so yourself !!! If you do have problems catching fish, Maki, the The Eyedoktr and I will slip fish onto your bucket when nobody is looking.............. We wouldn't want you to be shown up by a couple little girls !!! Honest !