PDA

View Full Version : Eye's & Pins

phlstr119
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Ok anyone else out there have trouble with the old eyes. Essentially I can get a view of my targert while seeing two pins or two targets when seeing one pin, but I never get to see one pin and one target. I always have to close down my non-dominate eye, but even with that it is still as I described above only a little clearer. I go every year to the Eye Dr. and everything is as good as it get's when it comes to reading.

This can be so bad that I decided to go to a 1 pin set up, this has helped me some, but I hate having to move that pin if I want to shoot farther out distances and mulitple pins only make things worse.

Bwanna Jim
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I had this problem and if your using a peep sight try shooting without it. It works for me and gives me more time in the deep dark woods when my buddies can't see through their peep sight!! You will have to change your form and set up but I found I like this style of shooting better.

ICDUCKS
04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Or you can try a larger peep.

BEAR
04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Old eyes, I've got them. I do use a peep and asingle pin. Like someone said, I drill my peep VERY large. Seems to fix the olde eyeballs.

darcher
04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Mine is just the opposite. I use reading glasses so the smaller the peep the clearer the pin is. But low light is not good. I actually use a target sight for hunting now as one pin and able to move pin farther away from bow. I can use fixed pins if I use a clarifier in my super peep, but a compromise there also as the farther away the target is the more distorted it is, but in good weather it does work well.

Just had my eyes checked after 15 years, no change.Praise The LORD!!!

phlstr119
04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Glad I am not the only one with this issue. I have a large peep and that doesn't seem to make much of a differnce, I might try the smaller peep, and if that doesn;t work I guess I will shoot the backside of the string. :(

ICDUCKS
04-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Phil there is another option that I havent seen in a while but Tom had them at spect. spts. Its like a rear sight that you line up with your pin just like shootin iron sights on a gun.Ask him about it.

phlstr119
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I actually thought about that rear sight and I might give that a whurl, thanks for bringing that idea up. I mean it's not like I am so bad I can't hunt, heck I do quite well. I'd just like to be dotting the those I's at 40 yards and my groups are certainly wider than they could be do to my vision issues.

woodlandtrophies
04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm I will have to look to see exactly what the buggers are called, but you can buy adaptors for your peep sights that actually work wonders!

One of them is a verifier, which I know cause i need one & have yet to buy it ^^

ICDUCKS
04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Did you mean clarifier?

woodlandtrophies
04-20-2008, 12:35 AM
thats the other one!!! Thanks Ducks!
Check with your local bow shop, they may have the nifty lil hand held that you can hold up to see which works for you or if it will even help ya out.

Grizzly Gary
04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Peep site and one pin for me. I no way no how can shoot with my glasses on. I know that sounds scary but it works for me! :lol:

woodlandtrophies
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Try a verifier Gary, thats what I need, cuts the glare from the glasses, clears the pin.. some sort of magic, but let me tell ya it works! Matter of fact, I think I shall go order me one now!!

Tucker Time
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Who shoots with there eyes open? :lol:

darcher
04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I close both my eyes, get real panicy when I open my eyes :lol:

phlstr119
04-21-2008, 03:06 PM
OK, I think I am getting closer to a solution. My blurred vision I am finding is more obvious on my new set up than with my old bow, and I have noticed that the farther out from the bow the sight is the clearer the two together seem to be. So does anyone know where I can buy a sight extender for my trueglo sight? I think that might do the job :)

ICDUCKS
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Try here Phil http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/index.php

phlstr119
04-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks ducks, got something rigged up, and I think it will help