PDA

View Full Version : west virginia

walleyebuster jr.
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
well the trip to the W V A buck territory was a blow over but it was fun first nite out didnt see anything second night out i saw a couple doe but the was 35 plus yards and my shot limit is 20 yards i watched them and out of no were i lil 4 point steps out and starts chasin the doe and i couldnt get a clean shot and then a bear shows up and the deer scatter my only kill was a blue jay 45 yards away shot off hand with my uncles 17 hmr, great lil gun last nite out i heard somethin big behind dont know if it was a bear or a big deer my uncle got a little and i mean little 8 point that he miss took for a doe (he was moon lighting) and shot a big six point that we never recovered i could have shot a turkey with my bow but there was no need i already have one in the freezer all in all i didnt care that i shot nothin i was happy that i at least had fun

Grizzly Gary
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Walleybuster Jr., it sounds like you had a fine time. Hoff will be happy to know that you dusted a Bluejay! :lol: Always good to hear that someone doesn't take a shot as they feel it is out of range. I am also a 20 yarder or less. Preferably less.

Grizzly Gary

treerat
11-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Walleybuster Jr.Nice to meet you this weekend . Just keep trying on those deer it will happen for you sometime . If you or joey get anything this season be sure to post pics . :D