PDA

View Full Version : Off to Triple Crown!

woodlandtrophies
06-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I will be heading out Saturday morning to compete in the IBO Triple Crown - 2nd Leg out in McKean, PA. Will probably be spending the weekend there, depends on what time I shoot on Sunday if we decide to head home or hotel it. Wish me luck.. gonna need it!

Behave you back of the bus loonies while I am away! :*

I'll let you all know how I do when I get back! <crosses fingers for some money!>

treerat
06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
good luck at the shoot

Grizzly Gary
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
KICK SOME BOOTY WOODLANDTROPHIES!!! :lol:

woodlandtrophies
06-15-2008, 06:13 AM
Thanks guys! Heading back off to finish my last 10 targets in a bit.
Let me tell ya, that course is HARD! First ten targets.. OUCH >.< Second ten I was finally getting my yardage issue under control & for some oddball reason my sights got bumped or wtfever.. so I was shooting left, had to compensate & WHAM DOWNPOUR!!!! -.- Not fun shooting in the rain. Stopped for some yummy lunch then off for 10 more! Hooked up with 2 goofball guys & had a blast, shot the best 10 yet! They were great company & a lot of help. My arrows kept shooting to the left or right so they snuck behind me & were watching my form (I didnt know either o.o) figuring I was peaking or something, nope! So then we got to talking arrows & ouch! Yeah apparently these great "free" arrows I got are crap. I kinda knew it, but was giving them a chance.
Well I left yesterday with a dozen new arrows, a kick a$$ AEP stabilizer (whom signed me as a staff shooter ^^ yay discounts!) & soaking wet shoes. All in all a good day.
Now to go shoot atleast an 80 to make sure I dont hit last place heheh :/
Oh well its all practice & fun right?! ^^
Behave!!

treerat
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow sponsorship . hopefully the new arrows will improve your scores today . keep us posted .

woodlandtrophies
06-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Well didn't shoot my greatest but the stabilizer did improve my form. Didn't have time to make the needed adjustments to swap out arrows. I didnt shoot my greatest but hey.. I WAS NOT LAST! Woohoo! A lot of scores were left to be posted but when I left today I was in 14th outta 30. Not too bad I guess. Would have liked to do better.
Thats alright, I'll get them at Worlds!!

woodlandtrophies
06-16-2008, 01:00 PM
OUCH! Scores are up & yeah I liked it better when the other scores weren't turned in. Sorry all I did a crappy job representing our area :/ Stupid crap arrows! I learned my lesson though, the "known" brands are KNOWN for a reason. Sponsorship from that guy was not worth it!

Grizzly Gary
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Woodland we are still most proud of you taking your arrows out of the quiver & stepping up to the plate and letting them fly!!!

One never hits a home run without stepping to the plate!!!

Still sounds like you had an excellent time and learning experience.

You are the Archery Wo-Man!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job!

JEREMIAH JOHNSON
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree with Gary on his comments!!! Congratulations Woodlandtrophies on giving it your all!!! :wink:

woodlandtrophies
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys! Don't worry I'll get them at Worlds!!! Got me a nice shiney new bow coming in next week that will SMOKE 'EM all!!!!
I tell ya I was drooling over that new Alpine Sierra HOT PINK bow!! That is until I shot it ^^ Rest of my opinions? Well this is on bows made for my draw weight & size, so may differ from your opinion. Hoyt, I just was not impressed with the speed I was gonna get when it was cranked down to fit me, Martins were just god awful hard to draw back! 40# bow felt like 60#! Bow Tech, I was impressed with. I shot the Guardian & really liked it till the arrow left the bow :/ that bugger bounces in your hand like crazy! other then that it was a top contender. Finally I got my hands on a Mathews Prestige.. <DROOOOOOOOL> The pro shop didn't have one I could draw so I tracked down one of the lady pros, she was from sweden, & she let me draw it back & test it out. I was in love!
Biggest talk among all the pros there was the new PSE Xforce. that bow.. POWERFUL!!! Scared me a bit too much though haha!

treerat
06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Mathews are the Cadillacs of bows . Are you getting this bow in target colors (pink) or the new camo . Whats the specs on the bow you are ordering?

woodlandtrophies
06-18-2008, 01:15 PM
You know I got it color!!!! Couldn't resist! They didn't have pink :'( I could have got it in pink but would have had to pay a LOT extra. So the next closest thing was the Dark Shark Red with black limbs. Its PURTY!! Les wasn't sure, but it should be coming with matching string as well. I'm getting it with 50# limbs, 25" draw & according to the research, I should be pushing 300 fps. My new arrows, I got made a lot lighter, so shooting a 278/9gr arrow, those buggers should fly now! ^^ Don't worry next week i will have alll kinds of updates on it!!!! I cant wait! I want my baby!!!

treerat
06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
be sure to take some pics of the baby :D . I dont think you will get 300fps with it though . not @ 50 # any ways .

woodlandtrophies
06-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Well I will have to see what the speed is. I was getting 273 fps with my Mustang & its max was 280 at 50#s The Prestige with a 29" draw gets 322fps so I am hoping for some serious kick!
Is it next week yet?!

Mighty Mike
06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
always have to give kudos to someone who steps up and trys. good for you woodland trophies. hope the new bow helps. sounds like it is real sweet.

mike

Grizzly Gary
06-21-2008, 09:46 PM
She obviously is a lady who is willing to take a bat out of the bat rack, step up to the plate AND TAKE HER SWINGS!!!

Heck Mighty One if she can handle a day in the boat with you and me she can handle anything!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: