PDA

View Full Version : Last trip of the year

Shellback
11-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Had my Wellcraft out for the last trip of the year today. The wife and I went to Cayuga lake, started out with a cold wind and clouds, but the Sun came out and the wind died making it a nice day . Landlocked salmon were the fish of the day, 2 throw backs, 18" minimum, and one nice football about 24"s. For awhile I thought I was going to have to put the boat up with a skunk aboard, but the fish finally cooperated. My fishing now will be with the Jon boat in the Susquehanna for Walleye, or maybe some small lakes for crappie.

Grizzly Gary
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a fine end to the season Shellback. Glad you went out with a bang!

My boat is down for the season. What about the rest of you? Are you done? Are you hanging tough till the end?

Grizzly Gary

Gilligan
11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Grizz...had planned on tomorrow being my last day, a trip to Chautauqua. But my partner chickened out and I am without a boat as mine is all but traded...going Monday to look at the new 22'er!!! Hope it fits in the garage.

OTTER119
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Took the boat down to Kinzua this afternoon, and probably not the last time for this year yet. We left webbs headed for Reservation waters, got one nice walleye about 19" at our first stop on a minnow, but couldn't get another. Searched for rest of the afternoon till dark with two smallmouths the only thing we could catch. Saw only one other boat and one shore fisherman. Anyone else get out fishing this weekend?

Bryan Hoffner
11-13-2006, 05:11 AM
my boat is in full operation and will stay there until I can't launch anymore due to to much snow on the launches. We've even put chains all way around truck to get the boat in the water. There ain't no way I'm giving up fishing th zoo and chautaqua this time of year. Even if it means not getting my fall bird(which did happen this year)

Results are this, we killed them again all weekend. Limts were had.
I have a fishing buddy that during the week which was last week fished four days and limited all four days. Took his son out one day and he even limited. Then he fished with us saturday and limited again. them walleye fillets aren't cheap but eat better than most anything bought in the store.

Friday will be my last day of work for 3 weeks, guess where I'll be. I'm zoo bound
I might even be nice and invite Gary along for a trip seeing how he has all the free time that he does.

Willow Creeker
11-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Otter,

If the boat you saw was a white monark with case decal, that was me that you saw.

Fished the upper end of the zoo, had a really good time catching fish.

I saw two boats. Passed one between onoville and state line on my way up, had two people in it, and saw the other one in the pit by the big bend with three people in it when I came back down the river. which one were you?

Boat ran great, hate to put here up for sale, but I am.

John,

The hogs are hammerin the metal right now.

oK DEFINATELLY BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Lorenzo
11-13-2006, 10:49 AM
boy I should take Wednesday off, my old man hammered them again Saturday, water is still dropping and they are a biting, geez I hate to make choices this time of year, hunt or fish, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and soon it will be ice city and a long winter til open water again, I know dad will be going again, and I'm getting a little tired of filleting his walleyes! LOL

Tone
11-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I too am winterized for the season and strictly huntin' now. Like John says you guys are makin it awful tough having to read about all the success :cry: It truely is the best time of year to be jerkin on'um though. Glad to hear that the die-hards are havin fun. Oh and John, I think your cleaning days are just getting started. You and I both know that "Hunk" will break ice with the front of his boat if he has to :lol: .......tight lines.

Grizzly Gary
11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I to have switched gears to strictly hunting. It also drives me nuts to hear how well you guys are doing at Chautauqua and the Zoo. I am done till ice time unless I whack bucks on the 1st day of NY & PA deer season!

Mighty Mike winterized my boat this past weekend. He has a huge garage. Iwonder if he did his yet? Sure would be nice to get some of them fattening up eyes!

Grizzly Gary

Action
11-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Year around canoer here, I only put it away when the river is frozen and thats not often around here.

OTTER119
11-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Willow Creeker,
That was me with three in "the pit", we didn't catch anything there. We didn't try anywhere further upstream, fished back toward PA. We didn't throw any metal, all meat.

Hof, save some for the rest of us :lol:

Bryan Hoffner
11-14-2006, 05:11 AM
SORRY OTTER119, no really I'm sorry but I ain't saving Sh$%6. I start my 3 week vacation friday at 215 pm. Guess what I'm doing!! Walleye fry at camp saturday before PA deer opener, need a few more fillets. Gimme a call or Pm me here before the end of the week if you want in on the antics and need some one to fish with a day or two. I'll probably become preaty close to not existant here for that 3 week duration.

Willow Creeker, that was me in the red lund tiller you passed on sunday as you were heading up on the res. We picked up a handful that morning. Nothing like saturday but still good enough.

eyedoktr
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
My last trip of the year will probably be at the end of November on the Bay of Quinte in Ontario. Hopefully I can get into some of the hog walleye that live there in the fall and winter. My MWC partner was there last week helping the guys from the Next Bite t.v. show. They had a triple header of 12 pounders and numerous other fish over 10#.

Bryan Hoffner
11-20-2006, 07:07 PM
keep hunting you fools, you're mising out. even fished a few spots I'm not fond of this weekend and bam bam bam I wish the zoo was this high every thanksgiving week.

OTTER119
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
No Sunday hunting keeps me fishing at least one day a week :) I fished the morning this past Sunday up on the reservation waters mostly. I couldn't catch a fish, got skunked. It was kind of muddy everywhere I went. Maybe I should have headed down lake to get out of the mud?

Bryan Hoffner
11-24-2006, 06:26 PM
my personal worst this fall was today on the waters of kinzua. I'm dead tired, had a cold all this week but refused to get off the water. Only scored on 5 leagl eyes and a nice catfish. had to cover alot of territory to do so. Got home to get yelled at by lagging on my duties at hunting camp this week. off to there 6 am tomorrow to make the whiney babies happy that I'm covering my duties for the up coming 2 weeks of hard hunting. back on the water sunday. Need help with the excuse to leave camp sunady morning though. Maybe the cold thing will work.