PDA

View Full Version : GRIZZLY GARY / WILD WIND SPORTERS SHOOT SEPT. 6TH

Grizzly Gary
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I invite all of our friends here to join us at Wild Wind Sporters on Rt. 6 in Starbrick Pa. on September 6TH for a fine shooting contest.

Still working out the details but the plan is a $20 entry fee per shooter with all monies going to prizes and Hunt Of A Lifetime.

www.wildwindsporters.com

www.huntofalifetime.org

We will have food for all who visit. We will be sure to have cash as well as merchandise prizes.

Any suggestions on how to do the shoot would be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you all there.

Full details will be posted here in the next week or so.

Come witness me put a spanking on Treestandtimmy!! :wink: :lol:

coalbedbuck
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a good time for a great cause.

Not trying to steal your topic but, I stopped in to WWS today and they are thinking of a late summer league right before archey opens. Thats a great time to make sure all of your equipment is ready to go as well as work on the fundamentals of shooting to make sure you are ready to smack that bruiser in October. Not sure if it will be spots or interactive but either is great practice and great fun!!!

woodlandtrophies
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I look forward to it!! I stopped by & saw my new bow today & I pick her up tomorrow.. man oh man is she SWEET!
Any help you need for this Gary, do not hesitate to hollar, but come game day... I'm kicking your booty! (again ^^)

Grizzly Gary
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM
We were thinking a combo of Spots & Inter-active. That's why I am asking for advice as to how to score this, cause I got no clue! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will be stopping down to visit Wild Wind Ron next week to discuss the details. The goal is always to Keep It Simple Stupid, KISS!!! So I again ask for suggestions.

I guarantee that you will have fun!

I also guarantee that I will SPANK Woodlandtrophies, Treestanddummy, TuckerTime, ICSTUPIDDUCKS and any and all who are brave enough to challenge the "Great & Wonderous Grizzly!" Oh! I forgot! Bwanna Jim is also toast as well as Mighty Mike!!

I WILL BE TAKING NO HOSTAGES!!! :twisted:

coalbedbuck
07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Spot leauge scores 600 point format for 60 arrows. Depending on expexcted turnout you could shorten to half a round 30 arrows 300 pts.
I have only shot the interactive a couple times but I think a standard round is 30 targets on a computerized scoring system so us boneheads can't screw it up!!!!!

Lookin forward to seein if you can back that talk up!!!!! Can I get a piece of that action???!!!!

hunterdeneugene
07-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Come witness me put a spanking on Treestandtimmy!! :wink: :lol:

Treestand Timmy loves to be spanked, and from what I hear he likes to do a little spankin' of his own.... :munky2:

we3jeepers
07-02-2008, 05:57 AM

treerat
07-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Sounds fun . I don't know my work schedule that far out though . Great charity though . HOAL does alot of great work .

woodlandtrophies
07-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I hope Ron is ready to patch all the holes you will be putting in his walls Gary ^^ Plus you do realize you have to be QUICK & ready during the video shoots right? Its gonna be fun watching all the animals walk right past ya on the screen while you yap away ^^

If anything folks.. come for a LOT of laughs!!

treestandtimmy
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Grizzly... I'll take the forementioned team that you say your going to spank against any team that you think will shoot with you. I'm soooo confident that I'm willing to wage a pretty huge bet.

phlstr119
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
You could look at playing a form of poker, put up cards and hit to secure your card. Best hands win and move on to the next round, anything is good with me as this event is to support such a great cause.

Bwanna Jim
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I guess you don't need me as your team mate anymore. I was tired carrying you after the His Way shoot. Besides I don't think that your leg and tail shots count for any points. But I maybe wrong. Bring it on Duck of Deer or is that Duke of Deer. Les will get me set up for this one so you best be ready Grizz and bring your best game.

phlstr119
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
You could do this Hold'em Style. You shoot 2 cards, Then a Dealer Flop 3, then you shoot 2 more cards, leave the river for the Dealer to flop last.

Take a percentage of winners each round to move on, repeat until you have a one on one.

Again, just random brain storming, you would need to think this out, but this would add some luck and give the average joe a chance to have a good time with those spot shooters that can dot x's with scopes.

hunterdeneugene
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
or we could shot clay pigeons..........with shotguns..... :roll: :oops:

hunterdeneugene
07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
it sounds like fun.....I've killed plenty of deer with my bow but only target I shoot is my backyard buck. Starting soon, I'll shoot 15 arrows every day. But if this is Sept 6th, you'll be hard pressed to get me out of the goose blind.

woodlandtrophies
07-02-2008, 08:24 PM
The poker sounds fun! They have a Dart style game to play, but I honestly am unsure of how that works, I never play darts :/

But look here Gary.. Your name will be the first one I carve into her grip! (not really, too pretty to scratch!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/mystmun/Real%20Life/000_0033.jpg

phlstr119
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Woodlands...I got on another system and that is a purty bow. Enjoy 8)

woodlandtrophies
07-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys!

I can tell ya, the grip is something to get used to! A lil too slippery & well, my hand slipped a bit at the shot & WHACK! Man oh man that baby packs a punch! Here's what it looks like after an hour haha :/ That's what I get for forgetting to put my guard on :'(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/mystmun/Real%20Life/000_0022.jpg

phlstr119
07-03-2008, 10:37 PM
OUCH!!! Been There and Done That, NO THANKS!!
#-o

treerat
07-04-2008, 06:02 AM
ouch .that hurts just looking at it .

firemedic3314
07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Wise man once say..................tis better to wear guard and look ridiculous..............than to not wear one and look like in pain.....................

( spoken by man after gettin kicked in nucking futs one too many times...........believed to be relation of Grizzle Boy)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though..............that looks like it friggin hurts.

ICDUCKS
07-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Gary I hope I can come shoot and if I can put your money where your big mouth is!

I got $100.00 that says you aint got what it takes to beat me shooting archery! If you beat me Ill donate $100.00 to hunt of a lifetime!

You? :twisted:

firemedic3314
07-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Big spender eh Chip?

Careful now, he may beat you.......but not in archery........... :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :shock: 8)

woodlandtrophies
07-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Wise man once say..................tis better to wear guard and look ridiculous..............than to not wear one and look like in pain.....................

( spoken by man after gettin kicked in nucking futs one too many times...........believed to be relation of Grizzle Boy)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though..............that looks like it friggin hurts.

Nah it doesn't hurt that bad :) Hurt when I did it, but I bruise no matter how hard I hit myself. One lovely side effect of prednisone!
But yeah I ALWAYS wear my guard, but didn't even think of it when I went in to pick it up.

I look forward to seeing each & everyone of you all at this event! Will definatly be a blast!

Grizzly Gary
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
You are on Ducky Boy!

OUCH! Woodland!

TST, Woodland, Ducks, RBH, Treerat and on and on will go down to defeat at the shooting art of ME!!!

ratherbhuntin
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
well now that sounds like a challenge so looks like i will have to schedule it off. My new string should be coming any day now so i will be able to get the bow back in tune for some butt whoopin

Mighty Mike
07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
there you go flapping at the lips again gary. you are a glutton for punishment. sounds like this will be a funny day to see. hunt of a lfetime is a real good cause.

mike

Grizzly Gary
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
I ain't talking smack o Mighty One! It is my goal to take them all down!

TST, Tucker, RBH, Treerat, Bwanna Jim, Woodland and any and all comers!!! Especially ICBUTTS !!!!! :lol: :lol:

firemedic3314
07-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I ain't talking smack o Mighty One! It is my goal to take them all down!

TST, Tucker, RBH, Treerat, Bwanna Jim, Woodland and any and all comers!!! Especially ICBUTTS !!!!! :lol: :lol:

and if you lose......................

You must stand in front of Shults Chevy for a full day...................in yer boat.......................wearing nuttin but a BANANA suit.......( course TST er um I mean CUPCAKE will be there dressed like a gorila in a pink thong..................) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bwanna Jim
07-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Don't you mean Banana Hammock :shock: :P That would kill sales for sure!

ICDUCKS
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I think there are laws against such sites as that! :lol:

Mighty Mike
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
he cant think that bananas would hurt his shooting. the man is a lunatic. lol

mike

firemedic3314
07-11-2008, 10:48 PM
TST says the last time Gary's wife said NOOOOOOO....................he went out and sat in his boat in the driveway..............and turned his banana into a BANANA :shock: :shock: :shock: CREAM pie...............

THATS the real reason he claims bananas is bad luck.....he forgot to wash his hands off later................

ICDUCKS
07-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I heard cupcake was involved in the banana creme pie incident!!!!!!!!!!

woodlandtrophies
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Some images I just... would rather not picture! EW!

firemedic3314
07-13-2008, 10:12 PM
I heard cupcake was involved in the banana creme pie incident!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE ..........................had to do the taste test............. :shock: :shock:

Grizzly Gary
07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
OK. OK. We are doing an ofwful lot of getting off topic lately. This post is to discuss the up-coming shoot. Let's get back on topic.

Still open to suggestions on how to score and do payouts for this shoot?

coalbedbuck
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
well first I think you have to decide on divisions....
Youth (this is a must have IMO)
Bowhunter
Ladies (some shoots have this division but not many entrants)
Unlimited
Tradtional (same as ladies division not many participants)

then are you going to use the spot range or the interavtive or both????
There have been several good ideas but as you said we got a bit off topic with everyone talkin smack. Payout to be determined by amount of shooters in each class 1st 2nd and 3rd...
If you get big numbers for turnout you will wasnt a slightly quicker pace. So you may want to keep that in mind. Dont matter to me how you set it up, Caitlin and I will be there to have fun and if we win somethin along the way thats an added bonus.

ICDUCKS
07-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I wont shoot the interactive part. It creates some serious form and release problems.Ill gladly shoot the rest. I think it should be 3D and spot shooting myself. Thats just my opinion.

coalbedbuck
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
30 shot interactive and 30 shots at spots??????? sounds good to me.
You could include some type of luck shoot outside or something

woodlandtrophies
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I wont shoot the interactive part. It creates some serious form and release problems.Ill gladly shoot the rest. I think it should be 3D and spot shooting myself. Thats just my opinion.

I don't think they have any 3D targets. I could be wrong though! Yes if you regularly shoot the interactive, it can wreck havoc on your form & cause punching of the trigger, but as a one time deal, it won't hurt ya Ducky!

treestandtimmy
07-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I want to do the dart part...not too fond of the spots, kinda boring

coalbedbuck
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
So when are we going to get you 2 cents Gary???????

Grizzly Gary
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Wild Wind Sporters does not have 3D targets. Ron from Wild Wind was thinking a combo of spots and video. I am open for both.

The big question will be how many shooters we have. Wild wind sporters has a pretty big place so we should be ok. I just can't wrap my mind around how to determine a winner. I figure we will have many who can put it in the bullseye on the spot targets. So I would figure the video will be the determining factor.

Will stop down to Wild Wind Sporters this Sunday and discuss it with them.

coalbedbuck
07-17-2008, 10:41 AM
How many here will put it in the bullseye (10 ring) consistentlty that is the question.
Like Timmy said he doesnt want to shoot spots so he would be out of the running for winner. It almost seems like you need to have separate prize pools. Unless you add spot score to interactive score then total for a winner. Any ties can count the number of X's to break tie.

woodlandtrophies
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Well Ironman shoots usually consist of 30 spots (20 yds), 30 3D targets (random yardage) & 30 Darts (20 yds). Since there are no 3D targets, just switch that for the video.
So I say.. 30 Spots, 30 Video & 30 Darts (isnt it 30 for cricket? or can do 301 or something? I dont play darts so dunno o.O)
Have a top winner (or a 1st-3rd) from all 3 rounds & top winners (or a 1st-3rd) from each category. This way if someone chooses to NOT shot one of the classes, they still have a chance for a prize, but in order to win the BIG prize they have to compete in all 3.
Should have random participation drawings so that way if one of the crew isn't a good shooter, they can still have a chance at some goodies. Also ALL the kiddies get a prize!

How about that? Sounds good to me :)

coalbedbuck
07-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I must say thats the best idea i've heard thus far!!!! Especially the kids getting a prize!!!

ICDUCKS
07-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I want to do the dart part...not too fond of the spots, kinda boring

Yeah it does get boring when you cant hit the 10 ring!LOL :twisted: :lol:

Mighty Mike
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM
i like woodlands idea.

mike

woodlandtrophies
07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
got another idea!!! You take those lil playing cards (the mini ones) tape them face down on a target, each person shoots 5 arrows - person with the highest hand wins! Could be a novelty prize or something :) Could be done as above for Poker or two cards for 21 ^^

coalbedbuck
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
kinda surpised to see this topic dead for almost 2 weeks........any updates, is it even gonna happen????

ICDUCKS
08-03-2008, 07:47 AM
got another idea!!! You take those lil playing cards (the mini ones) tape them face down on a target, each person shoots 5 arrows - person with the highest hand wins! Could be a novelty prize or something :) Could be done as above for Poker or two cards for 21 ^^

I like this Idea!!

Bwanna Jim
08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone know if this is still going to happen?? What is the course of fire going to be? You out there somewhere Grizz??

Bwanna Jim
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Wild Wind Sporters does not have 3D targets. Ron from Wild Wind was thinking a combo of spots and video. I am open for both.

The big question will be how many shooters we have. Wild wind sporters has a pretty big place so we should be ok. I just can't wrap my mind around how to determine a winner. I figure we will have many who can put it in the bullseye on the spot targets. So I would figure the video will be the determining factor.

Will stop down to Wild Wind Sporters this Sunday and discuss it with them.

I do have to work that day till noon, but would still like to know what time or if it is going to still happen?? This was Grizzly's last post and he won't return my PM's WTF DUDE!

Would like to know from anyone if this shoot is a go or a no go??????????????????????????

coalbedbuck
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I posted the same question whileago (I like that word), never got an answer either.

coalbedbuck
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Gary's got fish for brains, no time to worry about hunting, scouting, and shooting!!!!! LOL