PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Scores NY Doe

treestandtimmy
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Congrats Grizz for bagging a nice Chautauqua County Doe. After I got my buck on Saturday the Grizzled one met me at the farm and we put up his ladder stand for shotgun season. When we finished my buddy Smitty told Gary to sit until dark in another ladder stand near by that was in a hemlock, so it was great for archery. A little while later the great Grizzly Gary smoked a nice doe with a double lung shot.
Good Job Buddy! (you owe me some senior soda pops) :lol:

treerat
11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Congrats again Gary . Venison in the freezer is a wonderful thing :D

Grizzly Gary
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys! It was a beautiful thing. Was not gonna hunt after putting the stand up for the opening day of NY shotgun in Chautauqua County. Smitty and Timmy said you gotta go. Smitty said he had a nice ladder stand in a hemlock in the corner of a field.Perfect for archery.

Got in the tree about 3:45 and here she comes at about 4:15. I let her pass at first and she went up the trail about 20yds. turned around and came back. Clearly she wanted to be Bambi Burger! I decided to honor her request.

Let the arrow fly at about 10yds. Thought I may have missed at first as she seemed to casually hop away about 20 yds. I was talking to myself and cursing that I had taken those damnable glasses off cause they kept fogging up. I looked at her again and then she crumbled. Perfect double lung shot with the arrow going clean thru. Thunderhead still intact, ripped a bit of one of the fletchings.

Just an average sized doe. Still proud to have taken her.

Grizzly Gary

Grizzly Gary

FisherMOM
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
congratulation Rambo. Hope you have a picture of her, yes?

Buck Master
11-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Nice job Grizzly...now you won't have to go after a PA doe :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mighty Mike
11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Good job gary. Can i bum some burger?

mike

Outdoorsman
11-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Way to go Gary !

carl milks
11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Good job Gary!!!! The way my archery season went, I may have to bum some burger off ya!!! Hope rifle goes better!

treestandtimmy
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I have to mention that my good buddy Smitty who is the land owner that lets me and Grizz hunt on his property stuck a nice 8 yesterday. The best part is that he got it with a spot and stalk hunt with his bow, AWESOME!! Put one through the pumphouse when it was quartered away from him. I havn't seen the pics yet, he said it was a narrow spread, but it was sky high. Can't wait to see the photos on Friday.

btw, my appreciation to the landowners out there that give people like us a chance to share a part of this great sport and their property.

Grizzly Gary
11-16-2006, 03:40 PM
A huge thank you also from me to Smitty for the gracious sharing of his farm land. Farmers are the bedrock of this great country.

Plus great job on the 8 pt. Smitty. Can't wait for this Saturdays shotgun opener!

Grizzly Gary

bucksnort
11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Grizz,
Since your in the car business I thought you hunted like they do down here.
pour corn along the road wait till nite time and drive around and run them over!!!

HA HA. Congrats on the doe.
bucksnort

darcher
11-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Good going Gary, I never had a shot at a PA doe, even tho I had one on the ground at 3 yds!!!

Gilligan
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Grizz had venison in the boat last week, think it was given to him though!

06-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I gave Grizz a bunch of my deer products to enjoy while fishing ie: hot sticks, summer bologna etc.Ya gotta help the guy out once in awhile!! :roll: :lol: