PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Parker bows...

hunterdeneugene
08-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Opinions please....I am donating my 4 year old PSE to my struggling college student son and was out looking at new bows. I love PSE because their warranty is outstanding....I also have an opportunity to pick up a used Matthews Switchback for the same coin, but it is a 2004 model (I think thats what I was told. I am looking at the Buckhunter XP Outfitter package. Here's a link.....

http://www.parkerbows.com/pb/2007/bowselect.html?action=detail&detailsku=1016&sex=Male&age=8-16&experience=exp

treerat
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Shoot both bows and see which one says buy me . I shot a Parker once a few years ago . It shot and felt good . I was just testing bows for my brother . You definately cant go wrong with a switch back . But if you want new try the mission line . They are Mathews economy bows .

woodlandtrophies
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
The most anyone can do is offer their opinions, only you can make the right decision on which is best for you. Yes I am a Mathews gal & only have the best to say about them, but when I went to buy my new bow I shot everything!
Go to all the local bow shops, each one will carry a different brand. Almost all of them will carry used ones as well.
Les at Pine Grove has Mathews & Martins, Ravlin Hill carries Mathews, Martin, Darton & has TONS of used bows hanging, Twin Pines has Parkers & unsure of what other brands, Garveys in Watts Flats carries Martin & PSE, Wild Wind has Bow Techs. I am not sure which of these or who else there is. One of them carries Hoyt as well, not positive which one.
Trust me you will know the right one the second you hold it & for sure when you shoot it. Its like buying a car, test drive, test drive & drive again!

As for Parker bows, they are a great bow for the price. I know several people who use them for hunting & are very happy with them.

phlstr119
08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Both my Son and I shot Parker bows for the last 4 years. Solid, Good Feeling Bow. We switched to the Bow Techs this year, but I have NOTHING bad to say about Parker Bows. I have never shot the Mathews Bow so I could not comment. Go with what feels best.

Neil Peart
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Matthews in my opinion is the way to go ...

J-k
08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I have a Parker and love it! Never have any problems with it. It's a great hunting bow for sure. If your going to shoot alot of competion archery i would suggest upgrading. I feel your getting a great bow for what they cost.

ICDUCKS
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Id buy a Bowtech and not worry about asking anyone anything cause then Id know I have the best!!

darcher
08-18-2008, 11:39 PM
IC in this case is talking out his rear view mirror!!!!!!!!!

Mathews is still the top dog and for good reason. The educated consumer has picked Mathews. No recalls there and no need for one. Always a top notch product and their slogan of " Catch Us If You Can " is still in effect. No one has caught them yet!!!!!! :lol:

phlstr119
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm in the medical field, and I don't want to catch anything!!!! Thats why I shoot Bowtech......Although I used to shoot a Parker and it was a GREAT BOW TOO!!!!

Shoot what fits you and what FEELS GOOD to YOU :wink:

ICDUCKS
08-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Ive shot Mathews and you couldnt GIVE me one over my Bowtech