PDA

View Full Version : bowtech general Recall( Urgent )

treerat
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
This is not a slam against bowtech . I post a little on Archery talk .com and am seeing some complaints about these bows blowing up . Please inspect your limb tips on these bows for cracks . just passing this info on for safety reasons dont want any one getting hurt before archery season . heres a link to a thread over on AT
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=731112

phlstr119
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Man I hope this is just a fluke. I just bought 2 Generals this winter. One for me and One for my SON! I bought new bows to ensure he had a modern, fast, quite and safe bow.

I have had other bows blow up and I have to tell you once it happens you never shoot that manufactures product again. I have had 2 pse bows let go. One was a recurve bought it brand new and it didn't last 30 arrows before it completely delaminated. The other the tear drop let loose, really look over all my equipment and had no idea this was even a threat as it looked good. That left me with quite a mark on my wrist and an aluminum arrow in 4 pieces. I bought a high country bow that went through 3 sets of limbs, they kept feathering up. You could tell it was going to happen as the bow would become very difficult to keep in tune, and then within a week or two you could see the limbs start to feather apart. Thank GOD they never let loose, but I would never buy one of these bows again.

If something happens with my General's I will be very Peeved as I spent A LOT OF MONEY for These 2 BOWS. Currently they are shooting just great with no issues, but I am going to be watching things very closely and am sick over this thread. :cry:

I'll being making some calls and looking into this very closely. Thanks for making us aware.

phlstr119
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I made 1 email to Bowtech and they told me the fail rate was 1% for this problem & they told me they would be glade to send us the New Improved Limbs. I still have to take the bows back to my dealer which I will be doing ASAP, but Bowtech Recognized a problem could exist and has offered me a solution at no cost so that works for me :wink:

treerat
08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Good deal .Glad to hear bow tech will send out new limbs even before something happens .

phlstr119
08-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Talked with Ron, My Dealer, Explained everything and he was very helpful as well.

treerat
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Its official now there is a recall on the General
http://www.bowtecharchery.com/blog/2008/08/07/factory-modification-campaign-affecting-the-2008-general-compound-bow-60-and-70-limb-integrity/

phlstr119
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Our bows are in the shop getting updated as we speak....I love my General and have all the confidence in the world that Bowtech is on top of the error. Looks to me like they are indeed stepping up.

If you have never shot a General you owe it to yourself to stop in and shoot one. Very Smooth, Fast, and Quite, Perfect for Hunting. :)

treerat
08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Are your new limbs in already ? Hope you get your bows back soon . Its about time to get some serious shooting in .

phlstr119
08-09-2008, 08:33 AM
No word yet...I am guessing a week or two. We've been shooting every week since we got them so it won't take us long to redial them in. We don't open our archery season until mid October so we have a little time left.

I was bad this year and we still have to move 4-6 stands. I was just to busy to get out this spring when I like. Oh, Well we will just have to make due.

treestandtimmy
08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Bowtech still rules!