PDA

View Full Version : IBO world Championships

buzzbait1965
08-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I see they are being held in Ellicottville, Aug. 20-23. Anyone going?

Suppose to be upwards of 2,00 participants, including people from all over the globe.

They will also have a tourney running at the same time open to anyone who wants in, you do have to pre-register.

Sounds like it could be a cool experience. I went to one of the ESPN Outdoor Games when the held them in Lake Placid. Some amazing shooters at that and it didn't have anywhere near the number of competitors from all over the world.

woodlandtrophies
08-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I will be there competing in the Female Hunter Class!! I can't wait!!!

Tons of good shopping for any archers there as there will be TONS of vendors!

They also have a "Hunters Defense Course" that I am not positive, but think anyone can sign up to shoot at this. I will look into it & find out for sure. I can tell ya, it is usually a VERY challenging course! I shot it 2 years ago in WVA & lost EVERY arrow! >.< Not a good thing the day before you compete! Carbon arrows & rocks are never a good thing!, if you missed it was done haha! Was still a blast though!

If you have the chance I say to GO & check it out! You will not be able to walk on the courses, but on Saturdays they have a few competitions going that the public can view.

Grizzly Gary
08-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Is going to be huge. I have a fishing tournament that weekend. :(

woodlandtrophies
08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Well my rounds didn't go so hot. 1st ten targets every shot was right, right, right. Thought WTH all was on earlier. Figured it had to be me. Ended the first ten with a HORRID 66. Second ten I started aiming left (can't adjust any equip after you begin) Ended with a BEAUTIFUL 96. Got back to where we were staying, sights had bumped. Bah!
Second day, the course was MUCH harder. My left to rights were perfect, yardage got me. :/ I really have to practice my uphill/downhill yardages.
I finished in the middle of the pack, much lower then I had hoped for. Total score:317 Placed 26th outta 46.
Oh well, I'll get em next year!!! :twisted:

Heading back up ther now to do some sponsor getting & some shopping. Lots of great booths up there, not as many as past years though.

J-k
08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Woodlandtrophies , Good luck next year! I was there and i loved all the Archery gear that was there. I herd the course was very, very, very hard! I watched at the pratice range for awhile looking for you, i had no luck!

woodlandtrophies
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah the course was insane! Atleast the 2nd days was >.< Gets tricky judging the yardage when you are standing in the woods, look over a clear roadway, over a ditch/ravine, up a hill & in the woods sat the target. All in all was a BLAST! I can't wait for next year! Hopefully next year I won't have a bow malfunction >.< My rest broke the day before we left GAH!! Gotta love Les at Pine Grove! He's my hero!! Even though he was closed, he stayed for over 2 hours with me setting up the new rest, paper tuning & making sure all was in order. Sadly I didn't have my sight bolts tight enough & that got me :/