PDA

View Full Version : New Bow

hunterdeneugene
08-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Went out today and did some shopping/comparison on new bows. Shot the Parker Wildfire XP and the Buckhunter XP. Also shot the Primos Bear Showdown. All bows were package bows and equipped with some accessories from the factory. The Wildfire was super fast and quiet, felt good in my hands and the first two arrows I shot with it damn near were touching. The Buckhunter XP was nice, much the same feel. I didn't like the camo pattern on it. It had a loud noise upon arrow release. It could be because whomever shot it before me had them turn it down to about 50 lbs. I was assured that when the limbsavers were added and the poundage cranked up it would quiet it down. I shot the Bear and was pleased with it also. It was a little noisy, but I'm sure after it was finished and set-up it would be fine. I didn't like the factory peep, but the major drawback was the 60 lb peak weight. I wasn't impressed that the string loop snapped on the fourth shot, but that was easily fixable. I decided to go with the Wildfire XP. It felt the best in my hands and it was the one that I felt I would end up shooting the most accurately. It was already the most quiet, and definatley the best looking. I like the Xtreme Parallel limb design and was impressed that I really got no bad feedback on any of the websites where I researched it on. It already has a 3 pin wraparound fiber optic sight, whisker biscuit, 1 piece quiver, string leeches and limbsavers on it. I added a loop for my release and a Limbsaver stabilizer. Of course I needed new arrows. I have been shooting Gold Tip XT Hunters, but the shop recommended Eastons ST Carbon Excel. I told them that I was going to shoot Rage 2 blades and they are going to equip my arrows with Blazer viens. I'm going to pick it up Friday and will post a report on how it shoots.

woodlandtrophies
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
YAY!!! Don't you love that feeling of a new bow in your hands? There is nothing like it. I was glad to read you went with the first instinct of the one that felt best in your hands. Thats whats MOST important, speed, looks have nothing on how well you connect with the bow. CONGRATS! and happy shooting! I look forward to the pictures when ya get it all pimped out ^^

J-k
08-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Congrats on the new bow! I'm glad to hear you are shooting the Blazer viens out of the whisker Biscuit! It does make a difference! Congrats again.

treerat
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Good luck with the new bow . Archery season will be here faster than you think .

hunterdeneugene
08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
picked up the new bow this morning. Got the 20 yd pin real close, but it would need a little fine tuning after I left the shop. I didn't get a chance to go out until this afternoon. After about 4 groups of 3 arrows, I am shooting it within an inch of a orange 2 inch stickie @ 20 yds. This bow is flat, fast and very quiet. Went to 30 yds and after about 4 groups of 3 arrows, I am shooting about an inch low of my aim point. My last group @ 30 yds the arrows were all touching. I was starting to feel a little tired so I will tweak it on my next outing. Also going to work on the 40 yd pin. I really like those Blazer vanes.....maybe I won't have to replace so many. I am going to get good and practiced up, and then start shooting the Rage practice head, as with this set-up I intend to shoot the 2 blade Rage broadheads.