PDA

View Full Version : BOWTECH

phlstr119
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
OK, I have to tell you that I am more than upset with BOWTECH. As many of you know I bought 2 Generals less than a year ago for me and my son. The bows shoot great and are awesome. However, recently we learned that the limbs on a very small percentage of these bows have failed and as such contacted BOWTECH for advice and assistance. At that time they were very pleasent and understanding and I was told to take my bows back to my Local Dealer.

My dealer is Ron from Wild Winds in Starbrick and he was very helpful. This happened on August 5th, our bows are still hanging in the shop. Essentially BOWTECH sent the wrong replacement limbs and ours had to be reordered again. I stopped and talked with Ron yesterday and he told me the new limbs had not arrived at that he would call and check into things.

I was so mad that I wote and email today and asked them to call me which they did. They were not helpful at all today and were full of excuses about how hard they were trying and that I should not "NEEDLE THEM" It is true that I am irrated and think they should do something for me. I spent $1,300 dollars on 2 bows that I can't shoot, I can't get a time frame on how much longer my equipment will be out of service, and I am getting attitude from the company warranty rep.

I called Ron and filled him in and he is going to put some more pressure on these guys, I fell terrible for Ron as it puts him in a tough spot as the local dealer.

I still think BOWTECH makes a great product and I can't wait to get my bows back, but there service and attitude are lacking. This guy acts like its my fault and I should be more understanding, man, if I could of reached out and smacked him I think I would have. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you own a General and are thinking of getting those limbs swapped out you should act now or you might be missing the deer season!

William Wallace
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Shoulda bought a Mathews.................

zenrider
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Never heard of that happening on a Darton. But nobody round these here parts shoots them anymore ... do they??

Check and see of you can find the China stamp anywhere.. probably assembled by underaged children.

I know, I am a big help huh....

I feel for you though..

phlstr119
08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
WW, probably should have....Could have even stayed with the Parkers and jsut bought the latest model, really loved the feel of the General, but lately I have forgetten what that bow feels like cause its hanging in the stinkin shop.....Live and Learn :x

Also if one of the moderators wants to delete my first post on this, that would be great. My computer has been acting up all day and I simply double posted this thread. Sorry

J-k
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
I have heard alot of bad things lately about Bowtech! I would never buy one!

phlstr119
08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I thnik the bows will be fine, its the attitude that set me off today.

woodlandtrophies
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Shoulda bought a Mathews.................

I agree with ya there WW ~.o

Good luck getting that bow back!!

J-k
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
The Attitude you recieved was borderline insane! After spending that much money you would think they would treat you with respect! I hope your able to use your bows soon! Good luck with it!

ICDUCKS
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
I dont care what company it is they all have issues!

What about when Mathews had their axle problems?
Mathews outbacks are also having a limb breaking problem!
Hoyt had limbs breakin and cams breakin strings!
Dont even get me started on High Country!

Mathews isnt even tellin anyone about their limb problems. If they break they will just replace them.
Atleast Bowtech stepped up and admitted they have a problem and are tryin to fix them ALL not just the ones that have broke!

William Wallace
08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Mass production has it's down side..................

phlstr119
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
How True That...Woods I am working on the 6th, but I'll be running down to show my support...If I get a call I'll just have to leave all you to your own fun.

darcher
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
The reason I shoot for Mathews and was a dealer for them was their excellant service. Never had to wait for the parts more than the time it took for the shipping.

I have worked with many bow companys over the years amd Mathews service and warranty are the best, not perfect, but the best. Just my experience!!!!!!!!

treestandtimmy
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
I dont care what company it is they all have issues!

What about when Mathews had their axle problems?
Mathews outbacks are also having a limb breaking problem!
Hoyt had limbs breakin and cams breakin strings!
Dont even get me started on High Country!

Mathews isnt even tellin anyone about their limb problems. If they break they will just replace them.
Atleast Bowtech stepped up and admitted they have a problem and are tryin to fix them ALL not just the ones that have broke!

AMEN! preach it brother!
Love my Bowtech and glad that I bought one instead of any other!

William Wallace
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah?

That coming from a guy nicknamed "CupCake".........

treestandtimmy
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah?

That coming from a guy nicknamed "CupCake".........

I just consider the source...

maybe you should be called cupcake....doesn't seem that I'm scared to be on the radio show

William Wallace
08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
My spotlight don't need to be nowhere near as big as yours...........

phlstr119
08-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Boys play nice :wink: I'm not upset with the fact that my bows should have there lims replaced, I'm just really p#$%$#%# Off that I can't get a time frame and the idoit in Warranty Department is giving me grief like all of this is my fault. I could still shoot my bows if I wanted, they never actually broke, I just don't want to take the chance no matter how small it may be. Ron, my local dealer has been very nice and has a great and helpful attitude, but again, if I could meet this guy named John from Bowtech it would sure make me happy.

treestandtimmy
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM

And I have my own theme music!! :lol:

hunterdeneugene
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM

And I have my own theme music!! :lol:

BFD....Barney has his own theme music too!

treerat
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Bowtech is taking so long with your limbs . That just stinks that they have bad customer service . Just remember that when its time for new bows again