PDA

View Full Version : anybody else getting the itch bad yet

ratherbhuntin
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
i left work early tonight and told every1 i was gonna sit in my treestand and scout and they all laughed at me like i was some lunatic but man did i love it i seen 13 different bucks including 4 big 8 points and 3 doe from 7:00-8:30 everything was still in velvet but that smaller bucks were sparring so wont anyday now they should drop the velvet.

zenrider
08-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Crimeny, I just finally got the motorcycle inspected. But while out, I keep seeing deer and I have not even touched the bow yet. This week, I will go out and shoot my mandatory five bullseyes. Or keep shooting until I can shoot five bulls. Then must wax and store the bike, bummer. But there is only one reason to be outdoors and that is deer hunting. The rest is just another method to get somewhere there might be more deer. Fish because a deer might come to the bank. Bicycle because a deer might cross the trail. Rock climb because those deer love those rocks. Hike because you can always find a new rub line. Go to the gym so I can be strong enough to drag that hunk straight up the cliffs I always manage to shoot them at the bottom of. BBQ because, hey, it's venison. Go to work because I need ammo and licenses. It's all good.

J-k
08-28-2008, 07:52 AM
RBH, I hear ya! I have had the itch since June! I have been shooting for months now, stands are set, Trailcams have been set for months now! For me Archery season is the best time of year!

treerat
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
It will be here soon enough. :lol: I have been ready since about june . But you know when the season gets here it will go by so fast . Still have some more 3d shoots to play out .And a couple of stands to be put up or moved . Its going to be a great season no matter how things end up .

phlstr119
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Got that itch bad, but the Dr. told me that the PCN should take care of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

coalbedbuck
08-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Been waiting to get in the woods with a bow again since Nov. 2 2007 when I filled my only tag of the season. Seeing deer, buck, doe and fawns. Sign is popping out from every corner of the woods i go to. Lots of acorns hitting the ground also... Deer are pounding em. Whats the earliest any of you have ever founf a scrape??? Put up a stand last weekend and decided to walk a bit after I was done and found what looked like a fresh scrape on a heavily used trail. I have found them in mid Sept but mostly the last week and a half in Sept. Never this early. Couldn't make out a track but it definitely looked like a scrape.

carl milks
09-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Definitely got the itch!!! Been shooting to tone up. Had the trail cam out til yesterday- the flash pooped out on it!!!! Was'nt too excited (yet) til I got some big 'uns on the t-cam (posted in photo section). Lots of sign, hope the apples don't all drop before then, acurns too!!!! The trails are getting pounded. Stand(s) are already in and ready. Lock & load!!!!

coalbedbuck
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm actually worried that the acorns are coming down too fast!!!! But the deer are POUNDING them. Got to doing some of my stand stuff late. Most are ready but 3 are not. going to keep one down for mobility, and put 2 out I know right where they are going just got behind. Finally put the cam back out after a wee and a half hiatus. Hoping to get some good shot where I got my buck last year.

Mighty Mike
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
i am fished out. ready to start with the bow. cant wait.

mike

coalbedbuck
09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Pulled the der cam got one pic of a 16-17" wide 8.... Would be hard to pass him..Cant get the pic up yet. Fould my first rub of the year and a small scrape. Won't be long now..... Cant wait!!!!