PDA

View Full Version : Started making my own arrows

Bambi
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Started making my own arrows and its a blast. They turned out so cute. Hot pink fletchings of course :wink: Looks great on the black carbon shafts. I dont even want to shoot one I am afraid I will hurt one. Hope they shoot straight LOL.... :shock:

Anyone else make there own arrows? I will try to get a pic up but something is going on with my camera and my computer loading up the pics.

DeerPredator
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I actually set up the last few sets of arrows I bought as well. I just bought a dozen easton carbon raider arrows because they were on sale for only $20 for 1/2 dozen. I set all 12 up with hot pink 2 inch blazer vanes, they are black too, and they do look awesome.

I am not too much of a man to admit they look cool. Plus, the brighter the vanes, the easier they are to find...usually!

Anyway, I just bought the cheapest fletching jig I could find, and it seems to work fine. I also made sure to put the inserts in with the broadheads attached so that every blade lined up with every fletching. They seem to fly pretty true.

treerat
09-18-2008, 08:11 AM
I have decided to never fletch an arrow again :D FOBS are just as good as fletching and its much easier to change . www.starflight.com .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/DSC00646.jpg
Oh you can get them in hot pink also :lol:

BEAR
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
For years I made my own cedar shafts. Then shifted to fiberglass shafts and now with AL I've not tried any AL.