View Full Version : Grim Reapers???

09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I just bought a set of Grim Reaper broadheads today. I was a little weary of trying mechanicals, but I figured, what the heck. The worst that could happen is I won't like them, and end up not using them.

I was just wondering if anybody else has tried them, and if so, how did they work out for you? I realize it is a little late now, but I would try ALMOST anything once.

09-17-2008, 11:00 PM
I watch saying you'd try ANYTHING once......if DUCKs hears ya he might get some ideas :lol:

09-18-2008, 12:36 AM
I hear you on that one Benny! :shock: I have heard some strange things about that boy...But in my defense, I did capitalize ALMOST, which meant I was not open to anything of the limp handed sort of things.

Grizzly Gary
09-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Ducks is taking a pounding here! I like it!! :lol:

I have not purchased any expandable broadheads and I don't think I would. To many reports of not working properly for me.

09-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Killed 2 deer with them.... Last one didnt open right but the deer still went down within 75 yards... Lucky
Stared using Rage last year and WOW.... I am a believer in those. Huge entrance and exit wound held together through heavy bone and BLOOD EVERYWHERE....

09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
My father has taken two 150 "class bucks in Kansas using grim reaper heads and he is still using them, so I don't think you will have any issues with them. I was all set to buy Rage heads this year untill I read the product reviews on Cabelas website. There was enough negative feedback to make me change my mind. Not all negatives, but more than enough to make me nervous.

09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Personally I think expandables suck!
1 Too much kinetic energy lost on impact
2 possible malfuntion
3 possible deflection problems on quartering shots
4 if they dont open and no exit you better be a top notch tracker

Benny and Gary swallow!!!!! :bootyshake:

09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
No trying to change your topic, but whats everyones favorite broadhead?