PDA

View Full Version : Grim Reapers???

DeerPredator
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I just bought a set of Grim Reaper broadheads today. I was a little weary of trying mechanicals, but I figured, what the heck. The worst that could happen is I won't like them, and end up not using them.

I was just wondering if anybody else has tried them, and if so, how did they work out for you? I realize it is a little late now, but I would try ALMOST anything once.

BennyLumpkin
09-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I watch saying you'd try ANYTHING once......if DUCKs hears ya he might get some ideas :lol:

DeerPredator
09-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I hear you on that one Benny! :shock: I have heard some strange things about that boy...But in my defense, I did capitalize ALMOST, which meant I was not open to anything of the limp handed sort of things.

Grizzly Gary
09-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Ducks is taking a pounding here! I like it!! :lol:

I have not purchased any expandable broadheads and I don't think I would. To many reports of not working properly for me.

coalbedbuck
09-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Killed 2 deer with them.... Last one didnt open right but the deer still went down within 75 yards... Lucky
Stared using Rage last year and WOW.... I am a believer in those. Huge entrance and exit wound held together through heavy bone and BLOOD EVERYWHERE....

run-n-gun
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
My father has taken two 150 "class bucks in Kansas using grim reaper heads and he is still using them, so I don't think you will have any issues with them. I was all set to buy Rage heads this year untill I read the product reviews on Cabelas website. There was enough negative feedback to make me change my mind. Not all negatives, but more than enough to make me nervous.

ICDUCKS
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Personally I think expandables suck!
1 Too much kinetic energy lost on impact
2 possible malfuntion
3 possible deflection problems on quartering shots
4 if they dont open and no exit you better be a top notch tracker

Benny and Gary swallow!!!!! :bootyshake:

coalbedbuck
09-23-2008, 05:45 PM
No trying to change your topic, but whats everyones favorite broadhead?