PDA

View Full Version : Whats for dinner?

darcher
11-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I used to fish alot but, time changes things!! I was wondering if you die hard fishermen and women change the traditional Thanksgiving menu to include any freshwater delights?

eyedoktr
11-24-2006, 12:27 PM
As I live alone, I figured I didn't need to cook a turkey this year. Yesterday for breakfast I had fresh perch, scrambled eggs and homefries. For dinner I had walleye, broccolli and rice. mmmmmmmmmmmm good

Grizzly Gary
11-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Never thought of adding fish to Turkey Day. Might have to add that to the list for next year. eyedoktrs breakfast sounds delicious!

eyedoktr, are you saying you mixed your fish in those scrambled eggs?

Grizzly Gary

Outdoorsman
11-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I did a few years back. We had all, I mean everyone in the family show up and we had a bunch of fish, small game and two wild turkeys. The fish was a huge hit. Nothing left. It suprised me how many dont get the real deep fried fish. It was a blast. I cooked fish for what seemed like forever, while the wife cooked every thing else.

Jim_R
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I like to add smoked steelhead to the holiday table for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Always goes over well, makes a great appetizer!

Jim_R
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Never thought of adding fish to Turkey Day. Might have to add that to the list for next year. eyedoktrs breakfast sounds delicious!

eyedoktr, are you saying you mixed your fish in those scrambled eggs?

Grizzly Gary

Gary-

Try flaking some leftover trout into your scrambled eggs. Delicious! Even better if it is smoked.

Grizzly Gary
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Jim_R. I will try that. Not sure how walleye will taste in my eggs but I am gonna try it.

Anybody else here put fish in their scrambled eggs?

Grizzly Gary

darcher
11-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Not I, just doesn't soud good, but may try it when I have the fish, I need to eat more fish anyway, get my good cholestrol up!!

goosedowner
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Theres nothing like some smoked fish, cheese and crackers as a appetizer for any holiday feast. :D

Bryan Hoffner
11-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Gary don't do it with the walleye. toss the eggs and eat the walleye