PDA

View Full Version : Pa Archery bear numbers

treerat
11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
First-ever archery bear hunt results in a harvest of 73

The largest bear harvested during the two-day archery season was a 458-pound male taken by Christian Landis of Lancaster, in Cogan House, Lycoming County, at 8:25 a.m. on Nov. 15. Other large bears included: a 457-pound male taken by Michael Rapsky of Cairnbrook, in Shade Township, Somerset County, at 4 p.m. on Nov. 16; and a 407-pound male taken by Shane Emel of Mill Hall, in Bald Eagle Township, Clinton County, at 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 15.

The two-day archery season harvest by WMU was: WMU 2C, 9; WMU 2D, 3; WMU 2E, 2; WMU 2F, 2; WMU 2G, 32; WMU 3A, 8; WMU 4A, 2; and WMU 4D, 15.

County harvests for the two-day archery season by region was:

Northwest: Butler, 2; Venango, 1; and Warren, 1.

Southwest: Indiana, 4; Fayette, 3; Cambria, 1; and Somerset, 1.

Northcentral: Clinton, 12; Centre, 8; Potter, 7; McKean, 5; Tioga, 5; Clearfield, 4; Elk, 3; Lycoming, 3; Union, 3; and Cameron, 1.

Southcentral: Huntingdon, 4; Blair, 2; Mifflin, 2; and Fulton, 1

Grizzly Gary
11-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info Treerat! It was not the best of conditions for an archery bear hunt those days. I am suprized by the numbers. I also love it when folks here provide me with info for my show! :lol: I will give you credit!

I still think anybody hunting bears with a bow are a little looney!!

Grizzly Gary

treerat
12-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Info came from Pgc site . I was also very surprised by the numbers .I did make it out the first morning of the season . I didnt see any Bear .
A special thank you goes out to the United Bowhunters of Pensylvania for finally getting us this season :D
http://www.ubofpa.org/page2.html
You really need to plug them also on your show when talking about Archery Hunting .