PDA

View Full Version : Yeck Spoons

Old School Dave
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know anything about Yeck Spoons website being down? Are they still in business? Did a search and all links to their site were dead.

Grizzly Gary
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Old School Dave,

Give me a call regarding them. To long to post here. Call me Monday as I am hunting the next 2 days.

Grizzly Gary

Gilligan
12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
wow...hope they are still going. Those baits were HOT :blob6: last year!

We won some at a KAWA event tried them last summer and they were dynomite!

GRIZZLY you better find me some, cant trust Stupid Santa for any help.

Grizzly Gary
12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Lots of controversy by what i am hearing from some in the know. You are right Gilligan that they are a hot presentation on Erie. Lots of Charter Captains such as yourself have had great success with Yech Spoons.

Cashed a tournament check my self last year with Yech Spoons!

Grizzly Gary

marcbodi
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi,
I would to know how to Purchase some Yeck Spoons in theY11 series,Cat-dog,Pooh Bear Purple,Green Monkey Puke,Boy/Girl,Perch.

Gilligan
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi,
I would to know how to Purchase some Yeck Spoons in theY11 series,Cat-dog,Pooh Bear Purple,Green Monkey Puke,Boy/Girl,Perch.

Not Yecks but IMHO theContenders are a much better spoon. I started using Contenders last year and use nothing but now. (keep watching the for sale page I will be unloading a bunch of stingers etc somewhere down the road!)

The Contenders have most all the popular colors with paint that does not come undone after a handfull of bites. The link below will take you to their site.

http://www.steelvalleytackle.com/proudly_made_in_the_u.htm

On Erie
05-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Yep, we all are going to have a Stinger sale soon. Just to prove a point to myself I'll take off a Contender Spoon and replace it with a simular lure like Stinger, or that other lure that's a knock off of Stinger (can't even remember the name), anyway it's funny how that rod will go dead, put the Contender back on, and be right back landing fish.

Your right Gilligan the paint won't come off..........

Hey! I just thought of something, Use Contender Lures and save gas cause your not spending all day motoring trying to fill tickets.

marcbodi
05-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi,
Found Some Yeck Spoons at the Happy Hooker bait shop by Pt Clinten Ohio on Rt 2.

Grizzly Gary
05-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Glad you found what you were looking for marcbodi.

As far as I know Yech spoons have changed hands several times. Still a rumor?

Contender Spoons are the new HOT item! A most fine product indeed. www.steelvalleytackle.com is the place to find them.

Spoons have been producing some serious hawg walleyes as well as steelies on Erie!

Bobsoutdoors
07-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeck Spoons is still in business, they have not acutally changed hands, the father has turned it over to the son and a couple of other fishermen have bought into the business.

They are just web illiterate, you can call them at (231) 843-7862