PDA

View Full Version : OK, who is still ready

Bryan Hoffner
12-12-2006, 05:00 AM
Rifle season is done whether we like it or not. Now for the big question -------------

WHO WILL I SEE ON THEIR BOATS THIS WEEKEND ON THE ZOO!!!!!!!!!

Myself along with the walleye killer Cole will be on the lund both saturday and sunday.

Who still has the boat ready? the eyes were still committing suicide before the big chill last week and am now figuring they should be even a little more stacked up.

Let's not be a bunch of panty wastes here and say that your all ready for ice. Mother nature has given us this oppurtuinty and graced us good enough weather to get the boats out so get em out."If you dare"

Grizzly Gary
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Hoff,

Panty waist Grizzly Gary here. As you have noticed driving up my our road my boat is winterized and covered. Waiting for ice, late season archery & muzzleloader. As well as a little small gaming.

Wish I had a heated garage for the boat so's I could go at will. Sadly I do not.

Grizzly Gary

Scurry
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Gary :--I got a heated garage just no BOAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bryan Hoffner
12-13-2006, 04:53 AM
OK I'm sorry abot the panty waste comment. It was a little harsh.
My boat storage is also not heated. If it was, my boat would be put up. It is under cover though and doesn't have to be tarped, i do put the boat cover on it when it is all said and done for the winter though. Makes it look like it was worth paying the amish to make the cover. I feel that it wold be worse for the boat espescally the motor (definately a 2 stroke) pulling it in and out of heat this time of year. I'm no expert on this but it would have to possibly create some internal moisture problem.
Does any no for sure cause I've always wondered?

I now just keep my batteries at full charge and the bearings greased really good and watch my fluids (personal intake as well on that one). I keep my eye on the 10 day weather forcast to make my predictions of when to clean the boat up for winter and when it warms up toward the end of winter i can have it ready in about 20 minutes to be on my way.

Not to many years ago I remember sitting of the south point of Sugar Bay in January slamming fish while guys were in the bay fishing the ice. I like ice fishing but when the boat can be launched and the weather is bearable I can't help myself. I can fish the spots more efectively with alot more ease and can fish more spots in a day on the zoo without having a coronary.

darcher
12-13-2006, 05:37 AM
That sounds like a plan to me. If we do get ice I will take Gary up on his offer to ice fish, but I think I would prefer a boat under me instead of ice. I have been Caribou hunting a couple of times in Quebec when we crossed the frozen lakes. At first we were a little shakey, but soon got our ice legs a movin!!

Mighty Mike
12-13-2006, 01:22 PM
You are right Bryan cause Gary is a panty waist. he he he That is why he hangs out with bait babes. My boat has not been winterized yet. I do have a huge garage i can keep it it. I do not see me launching again though. If it gets really warm i might change my mind.

mike

Grizzly Gary
12-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Hoff,

Got your message. I am in! If it is not to late? Will call you later.

As for you Mighty Mike. This panty waist aint afraid to jump thru the ice at Chapman Dam! What about you my girly man buddy?!?! :lol:

Sure is beautiful fishing weather!

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Gary, sounds good we'll be waiting to hear from you.

Swanny
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm ready , the boat is always ready. I will be hitting the res saturday if I am able to get bait in the traps I put out today. Hoff if I see you & Cole we'll have one in honor of Cheif Cornplanter. As for your concern of any problems pulling a 2 stroke in and out of the heat, I've been keeping my boat in a very nice heated "BOAT HOUSE" for 9 years, it's been on kinzua when ice was forming and we had to break ice a time or two so we could launch, and I have not ever had any problems with the motor or the boat. In fact I never even gave it any thought. ????????????????? I sure hope it hasn't caused any unseen problems as it will be a long frikin time before I can afford a new one!!

OTTER119
12-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Always ready here too.

I start adding fuel stabilizer to the boat gas around archery season and the daylight savings time changeing back, as my boat fishing starts to taper off to only Sundays mostly. Like Hof says I try to keep the batteries charged up as I think it is better for them in cold weather. My boat is stored under roof in a pole building, but not heated, so I make sure and try to get all the water out of the hull and motor so freezing water does not cause any damage to impeller, seals, rivets, etc.. Tilting the motor all the way up and down a few times seems to drain most of the water.

I'll most likely be fishing sometime this weekend. (grouse hunting will have to take up some of my weekend)

Question is where to try - midlake PA (roper) or upper end / Seneca waters (webbs) :?:

Look out for the white bass hogging bait....Have Fun!

Bryan Hoffner
12-15-2006, 01:17 PM
otter119, you asked about where to start. our plan is this for the weekend
Webbs in the am start where we've been whacking them as of the first week of rifle season. then work down. Don't skip where you've getting them, it's worth a check and chances are they'll probably still be there or really close. Don't forget the spots you like first ice, fish end up in them spots for a reason first ice and it tis that time of year.

Swanny
12-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey Grizzly, just got off the phone with Bryan and I understand you will be out with him tomorrow. I told him we'll have to make sure to meet towards the end of the day for a sr. soda pop. I will have Gregg K with me and I'm sure he will be mighty thirsty after a day of slamming eyes. (he is usually mighty thirsty no matter what we're doing)

OTTER119
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Seems like a lot of people were still ready...

I fished out of Webbs Saturday AM and I guess I'll admit it, got nothing. :oops: I saw lots of other boats out, maybe 8 or so.

Went back for another round on Sunday afternoon and did better :) We caught enough for dinner and one little walleye. Crazy warm weather for December, but the water still feels ready to freeze. I saw about 5 other boats out fishing and had a couple close duck fly bys near dark.

How did it go for the rest of you?

Enjoy it while you can!

Bryan Hoffner
12-18-2006, 04:46 AM
we caught a few and lost a few. fun no matter what on saturday. Went bait scouting sunday instead of fishing because long term forcast lokks like boating weather to me. bonus day scouting, everything is/was just where and how I left them. No problem with other bait trappers.