PDA

View Full Version : KINZUA EYES 12/16/06

Grizzly Gary
12-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Hoff, Cole and I spent the day on the Zoo yesterday chasing eyes. Put 3 keepers in the hopper. Also caught numerous fighting 14s. Cole landed 2 20 inch type Northerns. Hoff was the master of boat control under difficult wind and heavy current conditions! :lol:

Lots of boats on the water. The Swanny boat had 6 keepers in the boat. They also said they caught some big fat Smallies. Most all we spoke to had a few fish.

The fish we landed were caught in the 25-30 ft. range jigging 3/8 oz. round painted jigheads tipped with creek bait. I was using chartreuse glo jigs to land the 2 keepers I got.

My thanks to Hoff and Cole for a fine day on the water! Hoff and I also stopped at Ribs & Bones for a couple of Senior Sodas after the day was done. Our Senior Soda were delicious and the eye candy at the bar was also extremely enjoyable! Man there was some hot looking Bait Babes in there!

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
diddo on the bait babes there at Ribs, WOW can't recall how many times I fell in love in that short of time.

Pleasure having you on the boat yesterday Gary. I've just recooped from the skunking yesterday. My personal worst for the fall. That high wind is a killer on the boat control. Just got rid of the sea legs.

glad you had fun and yes you are right, any day with fish caught is a succesful day. you don'talways need the limits but the sure sre fun.

Sluggo / NY
12-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Nice to see that someone else is enjoying this fine weather! I've been dragging the little boat to work and hitting our stretch of the Susquehanna almost daily for the past month! It's sitting out there behind the truck now and I hope to be out of work in a few more hours! I've been getting limits of nice eaters almost each trip.. with lots of BIG throwbacks that are full of eggs. Even got my first "over 10" river walleye! Picked up the first two Largemouths I've ever seen in the river the other day. First one was the largest I've ever caught.. second one was bigger! No scale, but they taped at 22 and 23 inches and were very fat! I figure that they washed in from some neighboring ponds during the summer flooding. Well..gotta get to work so I can go fishing! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Swanny
12-17-2006, 01:58 PM
What a beautiful day it was for fishing on kinzua. I have been very impressed this year on the smallmouth action, we got into them in the late spring/early summer and the late fall bite has produced some very nice size bass. We fished depths from 10 - 30 fow with 1/4 oz jigs tipped with creek bait and golden shiners. Caught fish at every stop, fished reservation and Pa. waters. The 6 walleyes we had in the box were good eating size 15-18". Plan on trying to impress one of those bait babes from ribs and bones with a fresh walleye dinner tonight.

Bryan Hoffner
12-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Swanny, was the babe of all bait babes impressed with the dinner? I bet she was more impressed that you were actually home instead fishing and hunting. I'm sure Mrs. Swanny is glad the past couple months are over.

Swanny
12-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Impressed indeed, by both my culinary expertise and my presence on the home front sunday.

Grizzly Gary
12-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Swanny, I made sure I passed on your message of Love to Mrs. Swanny. I also was sure & glad that she was busy working away! I & Hoff did our part by indulging in multiple Senior Sodas as well as leaving a "Minnow Money" tip. Luckily my Wonderful Wife was also very busy that evening.

We Mighty Fishermen have got to support each other!

I urge all here to visit "The Fernwood Hotel & Restaurant" as well as "Ribs & Bones!" By all means please drink, eat and tip generously!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Swanny and I need some new rods & reels! :lol: :lol: :lol: Not only will you enjoy great meals, great Senior Sodas and Great service! You will be supporting mine and Swannys very worthy cause! :wink: :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
12-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Alright Gary, you have just crossed the line into the world of "Hoff"
What you just said about tipping you two guys wives to get you new tackle is almost as bad as me spending my fishing partner ( Cole) share of new tackle money that's been earned on the side down at the club on the ticket bowl. That's back door politics and it's just not fair.

Maybe I just need to hook up with one of these bait babes that work at one of these places and get in the scam you're setting up. I have a few working at both places I would treat fairly and honestly. (that is if I saw the results with new tackle sitting in the boat every time out.)

Swanny
12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I and Mrs. Swanny thank you and Hoff for the generous " minnow " tip money left behind on saturday night. I do need a new rod and reel or 2 or 3 ................. I also encourage all to stop by FERNWOOD and RIBS AND BONES as much as possible, both places serve great food and of course the best sr sodas in the area.And remember to leave a little behind so Gary and I can go fishing. Hoff ,the best bait babe to hook up with has a job like mine and Gary's, it leaves lots of free time for you to fish and hunt . Hoping to get out friday afternoon if the weather is not too nasty.This weekend is pretty much shot for me as far as fishing goes, I do have an extended holiday , the company gave us monday and tuesday off for christmass so I should be on the water tuesday.

Bryan Hoffner
12-21-2006, 06:02 AM
swanny, if you don't make it out friday fishing stop by the shop at the house.
dads annual Christmas party starts in the PM. plenty of booze, beer and food. I might even be nice and do up a batch of eyes at some point

Swanny
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Will do if I don't hit the water. Thanks for the invite.

Mighty Mike
12-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Gary has been telling me how good you guys are doing. My boat is still ready. He says we should go. After reading all this i am thinking he is right.

mike

Swanny
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
If the boat is ready , what are you waiting for? Ice???????

Bryan Hoffner
12-26-2006, 06:08 AM
figures, you take a guy out fishing and show him a few super duper secret fishing spots and he catches a few fish this time of year and look what happens. he has his fishing buddy come around saying that his boat is ready and the two of them are going to start fishing. Nothing against you Mighty Mike but that darned panty waist Gary the carpman. Now I'll have two boats sneaking into my spots, a few weeks ago it was swanny and now you guys. Guess I'll have to start getting up earlier and into the spots so I don't have to start a fist fight between boats. I'd hate to see anyone fall over board this time of year.

Mighty Mike
12-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Dont worry Bryan cause Gary and me will go up river where the big ones are. Gary told me he suggested it to you but you were the panty waist that didnt want to go. he he he! The big ones are up river. I ask gary about this weekend but he says he has plans to small game with Neil Peart. Good luck to you dont worry cause Gary did not reveal any super secret spots. Course i havent had drinks with him yet. Ha Ha!

mike

Bryan Hoffner
12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
yeah Mike he did mention way up stream and yes I have been there myself and yes there are nice fish up there and I will eventually get back there. I was a little bit of a panty waist that day I suppose. Heck I couldn't even hook the small ones down in PA. We got a new place worked up this past weekend in PA and will hit it probably sunday. then as you are saying heading up river as I see it is getting time with the new year coming. as long as it isn't to chocolate milk in the res this coming sunday looks like an awesome day to be up there. high 47 and chance of rain. can't wait. Saturday looks warm but the weather is calling for windy conditions so it'll be wait and see for that day.

Swanny
12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Hoff if my memory is right the day I fished with you we hit 3 of your "secret" spots for two barely legal fish , I suggested a spot I had hidden away and low and behold 5 well over the legal size ended up in the well. That is where I was the last time I saw you and that is where I spent most of today. Before you make your early morning posts ,I and I'm sure Grizzly , wish you would feed your grumpy azz your morning coffee!!!!!!!!!! All joking aside it was pretty slow out there today, very few bites and the wind and rain were nasty.But it was better than being at work.

singleshot
12-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Can you still launch a boat at willow bay? Do they still charge a launch fee this time of year?

Bryan Hoffner
12-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Singleshot, yes guys are still coming out of willow bay. swanny and i are launching on the otherside of the lake but are seeing the willow bay side guys all the time.
swanny,
i have permission from myself to put down whatever grumpy remarks that i want. and yes i am working on the coffee right now. swanny,as we talked last evening i really do agree that there is no reason to get up out of bed well before light and beat the load of guys to the watering hole. when the bite has been on for cole and i it hasn't started until mid to late morning and run until 3 or 330. yeah we've caught fish before and after that but not anywhere near those 5 to 6 mid day hours.
i think cole and i will be taking the grills sunday and when the fishing is done about that 3pm time era we'll be back in roper grilling some burgers and the such.
i'll call ya later, i'm sure the infamous greg k. will be with you and he's always fun to grill out with.

Bryan Hoffner
12-27-2006, 06:15 AM
oh by the way Swanny, good slam sent my way.
talk at ya later you pain in the arz