PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Input

Old School Dave
12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Just got a connection on a trolling spoon source(100% made in USA) and need you Great Lakes trollers to give me some input as to if you ever used this type of spoon and your pro's and cons. Dont have the sizes yet,but they come in all the popular spoon colors ,30 different patterns. Supposedly super slow trolled spoon. Before we commit to putting them on the site I need your input. Heres a pic:

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/4982/s02po8.jpg

The color is Hyper Clown

eyedoktr
12-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I believe that Erie Dearie makes spoons similar to those. From what I've heard not too many people use them. I would think if they worked real well (for walleye) then there would be alot of buzz about them.

Old School Dave
12-18-2006, 03:56 PM
eyedoktr,
They are Erie Deariea, also thinking of putting up lots of Erie Dearie branded product.Any suggestions?

carl milks
12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
They look like SilverLeafs to me. They've been around for quite a few years. I've used them sporadically. Walleyes do hit them, caught some on Erie as well as casting them in Canada lakes. They have tremendous flutter even at slow troll speeds. A bit tough to cast as they are fairly lightweight, but can be done. I have a catalog from the company that makes them, and they list 52 different colors, and 3 different sizes.

Gilligan
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Dave...wish I had some input, I mostly pull cranks. I was talked into pulling some spoons late summer last season with good sucess and will be doing more of that in 07.

goosedowner
12-20-2006, 07:07 PM
They look great and if they have a lot of movement I think I would try casting them for bass. :)

Old School Dave
12-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Gilligan,
What brands of cranks do you pull ? Have access to Thunder Sticks,and Ka Booms and was thinking about adding them to our site. Cant seem to find a wholesaler for Renoski's though.I heard they are very popular in your area.
After the selling my center console and giving away all my Bomber Long A's with the deal I quit fishing Erie for awhile, now we have a new boat and troll mostly harnesses and spoons now.

Gilligan
12-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Gilligan,
What brands of cranks do you pull ? Have access to Thunder Sticks,and Ka Booms and was thinking about adding them to our site. Cant seem to find a wholesaler for Renoski's though.I heard they are very popular in your area.
After the selling my center console and giving away all my Bomber Long A's with the deal I quit fishing Erie for awhile, now we have a new boat and troll mostly harnesses and spoons now.

Dave...
YOU GAVE away Long A's?!?! I'll never forgive you!
It is almost always Bombers and Renoskys for me. An occasional Thunderstick, Smithwick or Reef Runner.I'm dropping you an email.

Old School Dave
12-21-2006, 07:16 PM
The guy that bought my last Erie Boat got completely outfitted. He got 2 downriggers,planer board mast, 2 boards,8 trolling rods/reels, about 100 Bomber Long A's both shallow and deep divers,Gps,,Impuse DF,marine radio about 60 NK spoons,etc,etc,etc.
Just got tired of fishing up there. Now I'm back to square one. :oops: