PDA

View Full Version : Carp Hunting

12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Who here bow hunts for Carp....

Haven't done it in years but still have a good bow I can set up for it. Irodequoit Bay was my favorite destination.

Need a Pard?

Never too early to make plans, Spring is just around the corner......................

goosedowner
12-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I have never done it but like you I have a bow that I mainly bought for that purpose and would like to rig it up and give it a try. As soon as I get a boat I will get more motivated.

12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I've a boat but it's too big for prudent Carp Hunting...

Have hunted outta a canoe but thats tricky at best.

Flat bottom johnny boats are best with double oars driven by your Pard as you Sneek & Peek the shallows......

Am in the market for such a craft as we speak to oblige this and other pursuits as well............

Carp Safari's are a cool venture if one has the time/loot to waste on such things. I'm privvy to source a certain Virginia river as a hotspot destination. Could make for a neat weekender......

The Camp Cook there makes a helluva Shrimp Gumbo..........

The Clairvoyant
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
I prefer to use Dynamite with nails duct taped to it to harvest carp. I get them in bulk quantities :D 8)

ratherbhuntin
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking about trying it gotta get ahold of a park ranger over to hills creek to see if they allow it. It a dcnr park any1 know if there are regulations about doing it in a state park.