PDA

View Full Version : WHO DO YOU FISH WITH?

Grizzly Gary
07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I fish with my tournament partner Mighty Mike the bulk of the time. But I also try to fish with as many different folks as I can each season. I find that you can learn from each and every person you fish with. Even the kids.

I also try to take the nephews out a couple times a year. Always good to get the kids on the water.

Looking forward to fishing with Gilligan of Castaway Charters on July 21st. Fished against him in the past but never fished with him.

So who do you fish with?

Grizzly Gary

Action
07-02-2006, 06:56 PM
60% by myself 30% with wife 10% with friends.

Summers
07-03-2006, 06:40 AM
I would have to say 70% by my self, 10% with Father In Law, 10% with my buddies, and 0% with the wife......I used to fish with the wife but got sick of baiting her hook, and she was always casting over other peoples lines.. ha ha

btexpress
07-03-2006, 12:26 PM
My son. It doesn't get any better than that.

firemedic3314
07-03-2006, 04:15 PM
My wife and kids about 90% of the time...sometimes by myself...other times with friends. But for the most part ' tis a family affair.

spitfire
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
0% with the wife......I used to fish with the wife but got sick of baiting her hook, and she was always casting over other peoples lines.. ha ha

This is why women get aggrivated with fishing and hunting....... It's no different than teaching a kid. If she wants to learn shame on you.
They can't learn what you aren't willing teach. That like the idiot that tries to teach his wife to shoot, and aim and then hands her a 30 06 instead of a 22 BRILLIANT.

Outdoorsman
07-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I go with my kids about once a week. Other than that I do have a few fishing buddies I hook up with about once every two weeks. I usually go alone once or twice a week if my schedule permits. I dont fish with the wife to often anymore. Seems our work schedule and other priorities get in the way.

Gilligan
07-04-2006, 12:46 PM
My wife says 'anyone that gets in the boat with me has gotta be nuts' so if you fit that bill you have either already fished with me or have a trip planned!

FisherMOM
07-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I fish with my kids.. I prefer to fish alone, but that doesn't happen often.

The way I see it... when they are grown up and moved away, I will
get as much ALONE fishing time as I want then.. and maybe more.
So, for now, I fish with my kids when I can.

Bill J
07-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I fish 50% of the time with my wife and have a great time as we fish where and how both of us to want to fish so all works out great. Most of the time we catch fish and that makes for a pleasant peaceful fishing trip.

The other 50% of the time I fish with my good friend Keith. Why we continue fishing together is beyound me. The fight starts from the time we launch till we get back off the water. I either have the wrong color or kind of lure on, want to fish in a different area of the lake than he does and only once in awhile can I do something right, but I would have it no other way. It may not be as peaceful but the arguing part has been going on for years and a fishing trip and without out it would mean we did not have a good time or the success we have enjoyed over the years.... :argue:

Bryan Hoffner
07-10-2006, 12:51 PM
the same 2 buddies and I fish together almost always. That includes the lund on the lakes and jet boat and chest waders on the rivers and streams.
And yes to the fights on the boats Bill J.
It wouldn't be the same without them. We've even got to throwing things at each other.A few times just short of fists being thrown between the two of them.

Just ask em how a shad rap feels in the back of the head. (that one was accidental but started a whole other argument).

I take a few odd and end people up on the lake every so often.

Walleye Chick
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I fish with my husband (Cub) 90% of the time. Over the last 4 years , we have really become a good team. (NOT without some "disagreements!!) I wouldn't be a "Walleye Chick" without him, however I take total credit for getting my own keepers in the box!! He is also the best "Equipment Manager" on the Zoo!! Without him, I would have been in a bind for the St. Judes...my fingers wouldn't work to tie (cold and wet, anyone remember? lol) but he had a spare pair of dry gloves in the equipment bag! By the way, we won that tourney, and we are still smiling about it!! The other times , we fish with the kids...9 year old twin boys, and our 13 year old daughter...need I say more :lol:

Grizzly Gary
07-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Walleye Chick,

Welcome abord the "Grizzly Gary Party Boat!" It is always fantastic to welcome another Lady Angler to the family.

You clearly rate the name "Walleye Chick" if you stayed out for the long haul at the Slavens Tournament! Me and Mighty Mike quit at noon that day and i'm Grizzly and he's Mighty!

I still can't believe it SNOWED that day!!!

We look forward to your input here!

Grizzly Gary

RED DOG
09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
100% OF THE TIME WITH MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. IF SHE DOES NOT WANT TO GO THEN NEITHER DOES DAD. FUNNY THING IS SHE HAS YET TO SAY NO.

Old School Dave
09-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Fall and spring wading it normally by myself or with whatever friend happens to show up,sometimes its a old geezers gabfest. All my boat fishing is done with my son who I think has finally decided that walleye fishing is alot better than green carp fishing.

carl milks
10-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I try to fish the tournys & sport fish with my daughter Ferbie-when she shows up on time!!! She is relatively new to 'eye fishing, only 2 years, but this year she's been kickin' my butt out there!!! Part time partner is Tom from Oil City, but he can't get up here too often. And of course anyone that wants to go with me or needs a partner is welcome- if they don't mind "goin' the wrong way"!!!

Bryan Hoffner
10-02-2006, 05:27 AM
Carl, sounds like you're taking the chance of giving up a few secrets. I've been going the wrong way for years myself and it sounds like you've learned how to catch fish while doing it. What's the secret?

carl milks
10-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Start the motor, put er in gear & go!!!! That's the only secret.

Mighty Mike
10-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I fish with the grizzly one most of the time. This year has been less with himsince i got married and he is so famous. I hope he remembers his fishing buddy when he gets to the big time.

Mighty Mike

Grizzly Gary
10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Mighty Mike, you are the one who decided to swap spit with the lovely Mary on tournament days! :lol: We still had to have fished together 30 times this year. As far as fame don't I wish I was that famous that I was fishing less. Heck if I was famous maybe I would be fishing with some hot starlet babes. Hmmmm I got to work on this. :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Swanny
10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Been fishing with the infamous Gregg K since we were teenagers , it has been an adventure that is for sure. My dad , 2 of my brothers, a nephew that would rather be chasing young girls around these days ( can't say I don't blame him, to be 17 again) and just this year started taking the youngest nephew in the boat. He's 3 and if you talked to him at the boat launch after a day on the water you would think he is a regular on the PWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He loves goin out for eyes already.

Swanny
10-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey GRIZZ you left the BONES on sunday before I had a chance to come over to the bar. We were in the dining room waiting for the family to celebrate the folks 50th wedding anniversary. I told the nephew he just missed you, he had some new fishing stories to tell you.Everything ce caught was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzly Gary
10-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Sorry I missed you Swanny. Saw the wife outside as I was leaving. Great outdoorsman?woman place Ribs & Bones. Excellent Senior Soda and Fine Dining.

Was contemplating how I was gonna get Mighty Mike into the money in all the tournies next year. My #1 fishing partner. Also hope to fish a tourny with the young nephew. After his Onoville trip hes got the fever.

How many here fish with their wifes? Took mine once and all she did was yell at me about not getting out in the middle of the Zoo in the sun. All she wanted to do was sun bathe. Couldn't convince her that there weren't no fish out there. Last time she went!

Grizzly Gary

10-07-2006, 02:21 AM
I buy the boats, the rigs, the bait.....

My boys teach me how to fish.

dang if they ain't good at it..............................................

Linda O
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I fish with a fine young gentleman named Drunkboy. Now don't jump to any conclusions. When we started fishing tournys evryone was teamed up already and we are still eachothers number one picks after 5 years. If one of us can't fish one then we ask around an look for another partner. There is always someone who wants to fish! Jason and I have a lot of fun and have created some pretty good stories about fishing tournys especially on foggy morns. We have even cashed a few checks along the way.
Linda O

Grizzly Gary
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Drunkboy is known the length of Kinzua for hanging his backside over the edge of the boat to, shall we say, relieve himself. We were on the NY. end of the Zoo that morning but i'm told wildlife within 2 square miles ran for their lives that morning due to the stench! The Turkey Buzzards even flew away! :lol:

Is this true?

Grizzly Gary

Linda O
10-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Gary I would love to know (well maybe not) who those two boys were sitting in the fog that second AM of CABELA'S near the white-wall with him doing his thing and me laughing and gagging off the front at the same time. Honestly Gary, we had to move! The fog was so thick it wasn't the only thing that was just hanging in the air if you get my drift. We slowly moved the boat probably not 20yds and there were these two boys all hunkered in. We just burst and said good morning and told them we thought the only thing that might be around the grade there now might be some big cats moving in on that stink bait and we left!!
tried to keep it clean Griss!
Drunkboy learned that alchohol wipes are strickly for your hands!

Linda O

Grizzly Gary
10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
OUCH!!! Alcohol wipes on the ole bunghole! No wonder he had such a high pitched voice when he came in for the weigh-in that day.

Grizzly Gary

ratherbhuntin
12-31-2006, 06:47 PM
I fish with treerat. I have good luck when i fish with him And i usually outfish him with a rbh spinner against a treerat spinner. :D

AFISHN
01-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Saltwater(DE Bay and Chesapeake Bay)--
I fish 50% with my friend Merv from South Williamsport;he makes the 3 hr trip South to find out what I learned while I wasn't fishing with him. :wink:
A few trips with friends ,but mostly alone

Freshwater:
Locally for trout in SE PA with the guys from my flyfishing club about 75%.Balance alone

Traveling:mainly Lake Champlain/Finger Lakes/Pond with whoever wants to go--75%.
25% alone--it's a long drive for me but I really like to fish"up North"

rapman
01-01-2007, 06:27 PM
80% of the time, by myself, these days. still get together with old friends the rest of the time, but jobs, family and lack of spare time have broken up the old fishing gang. i do like the time by myself. i find some of these times more spiritual than some times in church.