PDA

View Full Version : Noodle Rod

btexpress
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Santa brought me a noodle rod this year. It's what I wanted, but now that I have it, I don't know what to do with it. Can I fish all waters with it? Can I use all types of lures with it? Help!

singleshot
12-28-2006, 09:45 PM
I use mine everywhere except on a boat. It works great for native fishing on small streams in the summer months. The length allows me to sneak up on the trout easier.

doubleheader
12-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I have seen times when pulling spinners for walleyes that the noodle rod will out produce all other rods in the boat combined. They work especially well on that really light hang on bite. At these times walleyes seem willing to hold on to the noodle rod bait but drop the baits on other rods. I guess they feel less resistance so they just swim along. You can drag them quite awhile before they hook themselves.

Jim_R
12-29-2006, 09:53 AM
One of the things you'll like best about it is the reach it offers. It allows you to drop baits in precision locations to get that 'perfect drift'.

btexpress
12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I took the noodle rod out yesterday for a tryout. Fished the river for a half hour. No fish, but man can it toss a lure. I was casting 1/16 and 1/8 oz rooster tails halfway across the river. I then tried a 1/8 spoon and it went well over halfway. I usually don't fish this time of year, but I think I'll fish more after muzzleloader.

rapman
12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
buddies of mine use them for noodling jigs in flooded timber for crappies.