PDA

View Full Version : End of year fishing.

OTTER119
12-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I ran into a fellow fisherman from here, Hollywood Hoffner, today and he reminded me of this.

So my Kinzua update is... I got out from shore on Thurs. evening and got one nice 19" eye and one mud puppy. I saw two boats heading back to the Willow side at dark.

We fished in PA out of the boat Sat. afternoon and got some nice smallmouths on shiners and two 23 inch pike. Fun fish to catch, but no walleyes for us. I think Hof and his buddies had better luck. I'll probably have to go again, shore or boat, since there is no ice yet :cry:

eyedoktr
12-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I spent a few hours in a boat with Maki and T.O.I. and another friend of theirs yesterday. We were in search of jumbo perch on Irondequoit Bay. It was very cold in the morning and the eyes on the rods were freezing up. By the time we got off the water in the afternoon, it had "warmed up" to a balmy 31 degrees. We ended up with about 70 perch.

A great day with some great friends and to top it off, we got a bunch of nice fish. The only thing that could have made it better is if we were ice fishing.

Swanny
12-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Otter, good one , HOLLYWOOD HOFF................ thats funny. Gregg K and I just got done having a nice kinzua surf & turf dinner , venni steaks and walleyes on the grill and a few sr. sodas We had a decent day, did not catch alot but everything we did catch was legal. It's just great to still be in the boat!!!

Bryan Hoffner
01-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Okay the gigs up otter. that one was suppose to stay under wraps. But now it's out and I'm sure I'll hear the comments from the Swanny crew when they out fish us again.
Our fishing trip was slow but fish were still caught. What's up with the smallies in the zoo still hitting like they are this late bin the year? I'll chalk it up to the weird season that we've had with lots of water and warm temps.

Swanny, glad you enjoyed the surf and turf, sorry I couldn't make it but the conversation in the parking lot after fishing made the couch look like the best place for me to be the rest of saturday night. Cole couldn't make it cause he goofed up and called the misses when we got the boat unhitched at my house. She wanted dinner and wanted it delivered by her beloved husband. as usual I had to loan him money after a fishing trip to take his honey home food, we'll see how long it is before he remembers that I did so again.

OTTER119
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Good stories guys :lol: Bryan, I usually end up catching some smallmouths up there right up to ice up, and have even caught some first ice. Must be I'm looking in the wrong spots for the walleyes :P

I ended up fishing new years eve afternoon too. We went back to roper and tried fishing all different spots than on Saturday. It was rougher water and harder fishing. I got skunked and my friend Rob got one 23" pike and one white bass. I saw a few other boats out.

Good fishing in 2007 :!:

Grizzly Gary
01-03-2007, 12:08 PM
HOLLYWOOD HOFF!! I LIKE IT!! Hey maybe they'll name a beer after you or something. Or better yet you'll get a beer sponsor and the brew will be free!

Grizzly Gary

Swanny
01-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Beer sponsor for Hoff ?????? Free brew for Hoff ?????????????????????????????????????? It would be cheaper for the sponsor to buy him a new Pro V fully equiped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Hoffner
01-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Okay guys my decision is which direction this said beer sponsor chooses to go and that will work for Team Beer, oops I mean Team Hoffner. Pro V might and would be cheaper in the long run under normal circumstances but Swanny you have to account for the fact that I need a boat every two seasons. heck that's generous on my part, In-fisherman gets new boats every year from Lund.

I would like Budweiser as the sponsor if I could get them darn supposed freinds of mine "the Mangione" boys out in Mt. Jewet to put a good word in.

Imagine it, a big red Lund Pro V with all bait and live wells overflowing with beer, Cole and I dressed in our signature Budweiser attire doing a photo shoot at the DAV launch site with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and all the Budweiser Bait Babes sunning themselves all over and around the boat.

Wait I added Cole in on that, I think he's sick that day and can't make it.

Swanny
01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Now I know where HOLLYWOOD HOFF comes from.

Grizzly Gary
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Why is it that I imagine Hollywood Hoff slobbering all over Dale Earnhart Jr. and grabbing the Budweiser Bait Babes azzes if he had all the free beer he could drink?!?!

THEN ,WHO THE HELL WOULD WANT TO BE ANY WHERE NEAR HIM AT THE LAUNCH!!!

Grizzly Gary