PDA

View Full Version : Another Bow Thread.....the hearts of best friends.....

07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
I've a Pard..down below the Mason Dixon 500 miles due south, consider him a brother in all respects.

His concern over my oldest boy not having a bow yet capable of slaying a deer led him to a feat only Bros would do for one another. He showed up here today un announced with his lady in tow drivin their BMW.........motorcycle.

Wrapped in a leather jacket was a disassembled PSE Silverhawk complete with sight pins and quiver, formerly his ladys' huntin' bow Big Heartedly donated to my 11 year old in preparation for his debut next year as a junior archer.

Some things just well up a lump in my throat............................................ .........

07-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Most of us can count on one hand the number of TRUE friends we have. This man sounds like a TRUE FRIEND. You are a lucky man Walker of the Wilds!

Your son is also lucky to have a father like you. Good luck with that new bow!

Grizzly Gary

07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I think the dude is kinda goofy actually.....he rode that motorcycle all the way up here just to hand deliver an old bow to my boy....he stayed about three hours chewin' fat and bustin' balls......

Which is about an hour and a half longer than the last time he stopped by.

Seriously though...him and me was on fire lines together...nothing like hangin' on a charged inch and a half together in a house fire to show you who your friends are. More than once we was the only ones at a scene for a looong time before any help made it in.........
Once, had a commercial/residential property roof narrowly miss caving in on us...we were literally seconds away from being a memory and a folded flag.........

True friends don't need to be quantified.........................<got sumthin' in my eye>

07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Back in the good ol' day....We could generally scare up a deer or two on opening day..............<grin>

Some of them Blue Ridge deer are tiny...

But Gawd, do I miss the copious supply of them tender backstraps.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/Wildswalker2/timnmebow.jpg

Grizzly Gary
08-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Nice pic WW. Who got the buck? Also love them shiny new boots you're wearing! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

Grizzly Gary
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
ttt

09-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Cain't recall the exact details of that particular deer slaying event...but I'm thinkin' they all three was skin headed freezer fare........

That was when Virginia allowed you multiple kills in one day...those days are gone forever. Had to grin when we went to the old timey (kinda like Foxes in Akeley) Country Store check station to check in one or two in the morning...grabbed a ham biscuit and headed back out, then be back after dark with one or two more.......

Me and Ol' Tim got us quite a reputation doin that...................................

Grizzly Gary
09-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Something tell me WildsWalker you would develope a reputation anywhere you go! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

treerat
09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
What county were you hunting down there ? My brother Lives in Goochland county .Those country stores have great biscuit sandwiches :lol: