PDA

View Full Version : Boat being built

Gilligan
01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
My boat dealer just returned from Minnesota with pics of my new Crestliner being built! Don't think I will sleep tonight. :D

flipper
01-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Gilligan good luck with your new boat.I fish a Crestliner Fishhawk and love it.The only thing Iwish I would have got was an Optimax instead of the Efi.

Gilligan
01-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks Flipper. I debated long and hard between the opti and the verado. Went with the verado hope I dont regret it.

Will_S
01-10-2007, 06:18 AM
I had a 135 Opti on my boat when I purchased my Crestliner Sportfish new in 1999. When she ran she was a rocket! BUT I had many problems with it over the course of 3 years and dumped it for a Honda 130 4-stroke ( a sweet motor!). I had bad experiences with the Merc reps but all of the service centers both here in the states and in Ontario did what they could to get me back on the water each time. The big block Optis had lots of problems with blown heads and such too. I think you will like the 4-stroke better.

doubleheader
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Gilligan, what model Crestliner did you buy? I assume a Sportfish. I know I like my Verado, I'm sure you will also. BTW, who is your dealer?

Gilligan
01-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Gilligan, what model Crestliner did you buy? I assume a Sportfish. I know I like my Verado, I'm sure you will also. BTW, who is your dealer?

It's the 2150 sport fish. I'm working with Silver Lake Marine near Batavia NY. My previous 4 stroke really spoiled me, no 2 stroke smog, no adding oil.

Grizzly Gary
01-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Do I get to be involved in the Christening of this new boat? Would be willing to buy the Champagne if I am the first to fish from her! :lol:

Sounds like quite the beauty Gilligan. Why did you pick a Crestliner over the rest?

Grizzly Gary

MR ED
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Gary... Have you made up your mind at to a new BOAT or just a new MOTOR. How fast do you want to go. It seems like you go fast enough now. What is the differance in a minute or two in arrival time?? The fish will still be there. Unless you are planning to beat Bucksnort to his favorite fishing hole. How many days to the REopener???
This mild weather is really making me anxious till the NEXT season.

MR ED

Gilligan
01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Do I get to be involved in the Christening of this new boat? Would be willing to buy the Champagne if I am the first to fish from her! :lol:

Sounds like quite the beauty Gilligan. Why did you pick a Crestliner over the rest?

Grizzly Gary

Gary...first and foremost I am sold on Silver Lake Marine, south of Batavia NY.

http://www.silverlakemarine.com

I have been 'waiting' for Silver Lake Marine to pick up a top line walleye boat which they did in 2006 when they went Crestliner.

My last boat a 2002 Starcraft was purchased brand new in Olean NY. From my delivery date in mid May through September I dealt with issue after issue from an incompetant dealer. At the advise of a co worker, I went to Silver Lake Marine. In just 1 hours time they fixed what the dealer couldnt in at least 12 trips. I am now a regular customer, I drive 95 miles 1 way to have work done by people who know how to do it. They have regular customers from even further away, know at least one guy comes from the other side of Smethport!

I am totally impressed with their service department. The manager Scott Berger is one of the top marine tecs on the whole east coast and several guys working with him are close to that level.

Their tecs spend winters in schools keeping up with all the new stuff. Your mechanic does not fill in as your salesman or detail guy he is a top notch mechanic and that is what he does.

The same goes for the rest, the sales staff is just that, selling not rigging, washing or errand boy. Jim and Jane Bellamy who own and have ran Silver Lake for over 25 years have built an impressive reputation. The Marine Industry Certified Dealerships have recognized that and for 2 years running have awarded them a spot in the 'Top 100' of all dealers for the whole country! All this in a tiny little town in central NY without even a red lite!

This is the kind of place I would recommend a friend to and they would still be my friend after dealing with them.

I have been pouring over technical data on Crestliners for 9 months including talking with many satisfied Crestliner owners like the Haggs, Doubleheader, and PWT pro Johnnie Candle. The 2150 is big, wide and deep just what I want for Erie but still not to big to sneak around the Kinzua and Chautauqua shallows.

I won't take possesion of the rig till the first week of April as Silver Lake (and me too) will be featuring it at the Hamburg Sportsmens Show and later the Hamburg Boat show at the fairgrounds in Buffalo. Other than break in time right on Silver Lake the first fishing trip will either be prefishing for the DAV or at Henderson Harbor for MWC.

doubleheader
01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
That's a real nice rig Gilligan, congrats. Probably driving you nuts right now just in anticipation, my therapast says I'm sufferiing from boat separation anxiety. Can't wait until April. Anyhow, I almost bought my boat from Silver Lake, there is no doubt they are a professional organization, and they were very good to work with. In the end I went with Olson Brothers, who I'm very happy with, but Silver Lake is a top notch outfit. I'm sure I'll see you in Hamburgh at the boat show.

FisherMOM
01-18-2007, 08:01 AM
a new boat! woo hoo!! Can't wait to see her pictures!

Grizzly Gary
01-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Mr. Ed, it looks like I may have to go 1 more year in the Tracker. Wife is very happy it is paid for now. She is not real happy about a new payment book. The Tracker has worked well for me. Gilligans new Crestliner and doubleheaders that he got last year are both sweet looking rigs.

I am planning on standing by Gilligans every chance I get and telling folks it's mine! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
01-18-2007, 01:51 PM
GILLIGAN
If your new boat is going to be ready the first week of April, that would be perfect timing for another Seneca Lake perch outing.. :D :D

I'VE GOT LIZARDS !

Gilligan
01-18-2007, 04:19 PM
That's a real nice rig Gilligan, congrats. Probably driving you nuts right now just in anticipation, my therapast says I'm sufferiing from boat separation anxiety. Can't wait until April. Anyhow, I almost bought my boat from Silver Lake, there is no doubt they are a professional organization, and they were very good to work with. In the end I went with Olson Brothers, who I'm very happy with, but Silver Lake is a top notch outfit. I'm sure I'll see you in Hamburgh at the boat show.

Thanks Doubleheader. Olsons were kind and allowed myself and the Silver Lake folks to come up and look at a rig similar to what I'm getting. I usually keep my boat stored in the garage and when I get missing her to bad I can go out and set in it. :lol:

Gilligan
01-18-2007, 04:24 PM
GILLIGAN
If your new boat is going to be ready the first week of April, that would be perfect timing for another Seneca Lake perch outing.. :D :D

I'VE GOT LIZARDS !

That might work. Might even throw Wert in the boat. You know that my boat is coming from dealer where your ice torney is?? Hopefully it is in by then and you can stop in. What is the date for that?

TONY ON ICE
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
GILLIGAN
The Silver Lake Trap Attack Ice tournament is next month but we'll be fishing the lake well into march and possibly early April if the weather cooperates.

The perch trip on Seneca would be great. It's been too long between trips for you and the Eyedoktr.
You bring Wert.......I'll bring the tennis ball and the duct tape :lol: :lol: Ya know that Seneca is such a peaceful, and beautiful place and I wouldn't want to ruin the serenity of the trip......know what I mean ?? :D :wink:
Just kidding Grizz. I'm looking forward to fishing with a real celebrity :roll: :D