PDA

View Full Version : This Sunday's Show

makiplastic
01-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Gary, Here are the talking points that we came up with for this Sunday's show. With the cast of charicters on the show this weekend you folks at home may want to have the tape recorders going. Please understand with Gary and TOI in the same room Eyedoc and I may not get to say anything. Tune in this one will be a Hoot. I promise!

General

• Hooking kids on fishing
• Panfish location and tactics
• When to up /downsize
• Artificial vs. Natural bait
• Ice fishing pannies
• Matching the hatch
• Rods and reels for pannies
• Line weight open/ice
• Jigs and bait options
• Ice Team tourney on Silver lake

Makiplastic

• How it all began
• Company beliefs and philosophy
• Prototype to finish product
• How big of a nerd am I really
• Tactics and rigging rubber
• To glow or not to glow
• Choosing color
• Value and efficiency of fishing rubber
• Customizing for each customer
• Small vs. large bait companies
• E business and marketing
• Competition is good
• Giving back
• Education and innovation
• Fishing inventions documentation, patents and engineering notebooks
• What’s next

Maki

Grizzly Gary
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Holy Moly I love a guest that writes the show for me! I can sleep an extra hour on Sunday now thanks to you Maki!

Please inform Tony On Ice that weapons are not allowed in the studio. All weapons must be checked at the door.

Looking forward to it. I agree that this will be a show full of both excellent fishing tips & tactics as well as full of laughs!

www.makiplastic.com

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey Gary, could you please post directions on where I'm supposed to be and at what time? You can also e-mail me at eyedoktr@rochester.rr.com

I'll be coming down rt 60 from Dunkirk/Fredonia

thanks and looking forward to the show even though I know Maki and I won't be talking much. :D :D

Gilligan
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Only thing missing is Uncle Meat!

TOI and Gary together??? Better make it a 2 day show not a 2 hour show! That WILL be a riot, cant get the station here but will be awaiting to listen when it gets downloaded on the net!

eyedoktr
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
For all those who know Grizzly Gary and his ability to run his mouth, T.O.I is every bit his equal or maybe a step ahead. What is amazing to me is that there is very little b.s. from either.

Gilligan
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
For all those who know Grizzly Gary and his ability to run his mouth, T.O.I is every bit his equal or maybe a step ahead. What is amazing to me is that there is very little b.s. from either.

Before Uncle Meat comes to visit me I must make clarify...

Even though Tony has been known to talk faster than a used car salesman, he has to be the most entertaining person I've ever listened to, even topping Grizz! I'm not sure why Eyedoktr is making the trip he won't get a word in!!

TONY ON ICE
01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
HEY GRIZZ
Look.....I'll leave the Thompson .45 machine gun in the truck but you're not doing any body cavity searches or someones gonna get hurt real bad !
I've been sitting back thinking about this radio show and what I'll have to give up just to entertain you. I'd say it would be a smart move to have an envelope on hand to slide me for my time. I gotta take care of the guys ya know !!
Big bills are fine $$$$$

Seriously though. I'm looking forward to Sunday morning no matter what Eyedoktr has to say :? :D
I believe Gilligan is putting in the good word because he needs a first mate on his new boat. He figures that if he can'tget his customers into fish......I can keep them entertained. I can deal with that for a nominal fee !! :D :P

PS....Ilike my limes sliced thin and orange juice cold !

Grizzly Gary
01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
T.O.I.,

$$$$ will be in the brown paper bag out in front of the door in the bushes as always. Sure hope nobody takes it before you get there. I am not responsible.

Gilligan will be calling in at 8 am to join the fun. Does anybody have Mikes (TrueFisher) number? Would be glad to call him and have him on for a few minutes also. Land line please.

If we are all half as good as we think we are this should be an interesting show to say the least! Looking forward to it.

I hope those listening on the way to Church don't have an accident! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
01-14-2007, 01:35 AM
4 1/2 hours to radio history !!

Listen up people ! This is going to be a very informative show .
New innovations, new tournaments, new forms of educating the youth of America on the finer points of fishing, etc,etc.
This is going to be fun !

Thanks to Gary for inviting us to join him on the air !

We won't let you down.................but it'll cost ya :P :P :D

I've got to go paint some ice jigs. By the time the show starts, the laquer fumes should have me in prime condition :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Grizzly Gary
01-14-2007, 02:15 PM
WOW!! What an excellent 2 hours of Pan Fishing tips & tactics!!!!

My thanks to Scott Brauer www.makiplastic.com as well as Pete Lewis for making the trip to the studio. We also had Mike Lobenstein www.lobybaits.com on the phone from Wisconsin. Then we had the Tequila King Tony On Ice on the phone! But it gets even better. Also joining us Professional Icefishing Tournament Anglers Mike Kuna, Bobby Griffith & his son Cody from www.iceteam.com.

2 hours was not enough time!!! Syracuse Ny., Rochester Ny., The State Of Wisconsin, Pittsburgh and Vandergrift Pa. were all represented.

FISHING WITH PLASTIC IS FANTASTIC!! It is a must that you visit www.makiplastic.com and check out their baits. THEY ARE HOT! HOT! HOT!

If ever there was a show that is just chock full of great info this is it! I hope to have it up by the end of the week. If you love pan fishing you got to hear this one.

Thanks again guys!!!

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Gary, I had a great time. I'm glad I left when I did though, both ways. This morning after I had left home they closed a bunch of roads due to icing. My road was one of them. On the way home, the roads were in good shape until I got close to home. By the time I got here, it was snowing, sleeting, and raining and the roads were getting dicey.

Outdoorsman
01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
I look forward to to catching the show on here. I got Makis merchandise when I won fifth place on here in the spring and I had some kids at the club I belong to use it.

Well......a smile on there faces said it all as they pounded the gills.

makiplastic
01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Gary, Thanks for having the boys and I on the show! It went way too fast. I cant wait for the next one. Play with that box of goodies and if you have me on again I will bring the bluegill soup. :mrgreen:
Maki

Grizzly Gary
01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Mmmmmmmm Bluegill soup. That guarantees your return visit!

www.makiplastic.com

Grizzly Gary

Bob G
01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Gary, I would like to thank you for letting my son and I and Mike to sit in we had fun.
Bluegill soup and a Permanni brothers sandwich is going to make for one heck of a lunch! Scott you better bring extra soup and I'll bring the sandwiches. :D

Grizzly Gary
01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Grizzlyland Bob G.! Was honored to have you guys and the young lad on the show. Of course I am a little miffed that the kid was trying to make off with all of my Bait Babes!

The work you guys are doing together to promote youth fishing is to be commended! If I can help in any way please let me know.

Looking forward to the Primanti, Pierogi and Bluegill Soup lunch!

www.makiplastic.com
www.iceteam.com
www.lobybaits.com

Grizzly Gary

Mike K
01-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I also want to thank you for having us on and letting us sit in. Looking forward to the soup!

TONY ON ICE
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
GRIZZ
Echoing what the others have already said.....Thanks for inviting all of us to do the show. Wish we had a whole afternoon to cover everything but as Arnold said...
We'll be baaaaaaaack !!
If conditions allow, I'll fix a huge caldron of good old fashioned burbot chowder to share with yous guys........because I've got that kind of class and talent :wink: 8) :D

Thanks again !!!

Grizzly Gary
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
That show is now uploaded on the Archived Shows Page that can accessed from the Home Page. I listened to most of the 2 hours and you guys did a hell of a job. Lots of good info. Many laughs. Just a great show!

I'm still not sure about this fishing in your panties thing! I have been having nightmares after looking at and then thinking of the eyedoktr in panties! :shock: :D

I was very impressed with all of your passion & knowledge of the sport you all clearly love.

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
GRIZZ

YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTTIN YET !!

I'm still going to addresss the Ice Team tournament fishermen who will be fishing the Silver Lake Trap attack if they would be interested in donating their catch toyou for the DAV game dinner in March.
If you're still in need of panfish fillets, this would be a great way to accumulate the fish needed to feed the masses at this event
It would also be a good reason for you and a few others to come to Silver Lake to see how these events work and to meet some of the best icefishermen/women in the country .
Two ways we could get the fish. One is diplomacy. Ask the fishermen to donate their catch for the cause.
The other is to strong arm the fish from the fishermen after the weigh in's .

You could run around the ice and launch area in your "Speedo" with an "I NEED FISH" sign taped to your backside as well.
Lots of options but I believe these guys and gals would donate their catches tosuch a great cause.

Let me know ASAP

Bob G
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
I for one would donate my catch and I know that allot of the other guys donate there fish cause they need to get on the road to get home and they don't have time to clean there catch. If you set a bucket up near the weigh in station people will toss there fish in it. They do it in Michigan when we are there.

Gilligan
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Can't wait to fire up the show on the puter!

HEY TONY...when is this ice torney? The marina on Silver is where I am getting my boat through, maybe it will be in house by torney time.

Garys producer had me hooked up for about all of 10 seconds for the Sunday show and something unbottoned. My wife was sick, the dog wanted fed and walked so was not able to call back in.

TONY ON ICE
01-19-2007, 03:03 AM
GILLIGAN
The Silver Lake Trap Attack tournament is February 3 & 4th.
The forecast looks good so there should be plenty of icefor the event.

I'll be there all weekend and most likely on and off during the week .

I know what you mean about the phone deal on the radio show.
Grizz needs to upgrade the system if he expects celebrities like us to share the airwaves with him :D :lol: :wink:

I was prepared for the whole show and we really didn't even scratch the surface on many topics.
Maybe we can run a benefit for Grizz so he can get more phone hook ups at the station for future shows :idea: :idea: :idea: :D

Keepin touch and maybe we'll get to drool on your new boat at SilverLake Marina.

Grizzly Gary
01-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Tony On Ice,

Would love to visit the event. Would really be thankful if the guys donated fish for the Disabled Vets Game Feast. Can ya e-mail me directions?

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
GRIZZ
I believe you'd be better off asking Maki or the PA duo of Griffith and Kuna for directions to SilverLake or now that I think of it, Gilligan.
Your memory is short. Don't you remember that I said I Iived in Central NY about 2 hours east of Silver Lake ? :roll: :roll: Jeeez....And I'm the one with the tequila problem !
I have been to Bradford and other areas down your way when competing in the trap shoots down there but I was riding and didn't pay attention to the roads.

If the ice ends up being safe for the Trap Attack, you'll see tournament that is like nothing you've ever seen before. It's a great time even if you're not fishing the event.
The kids clinic is top notch as well.