PDA

View Full Version : Up-grading my bow

01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm interested in who likes what for rests,sights and stabilizers.I shoot a TM hunter but want to go to a drap-away rest like the Drop Zone.Got friends who like the Whisker Bisquet.Also,for stabilizers i do like Sims Vibration Lab stuff but what about Doinkers? And lastly sights.I need something that gathers alot of light as i hunt in the deep woods alot and alot of canopy cover.Suggestions? Commnets? By the way i shoot a Martin Jaguar.Thanks! :?

treerat
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I have an hha drop away rest on my bow right now .Its a good rest . Any of he drop away rests work well If set up right .I also have tried the Whisker bisquits . They are all right but I think you would be better off with a dropaway . Sights I have a trophy ridge .not real bright but good enough for my morning hunting . My Bil has a sight that have some coiled fiber optic material off to the side . I think its made by Montana black gold .its really bright .

darcher
01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
We have a few different drop aways in stock, all work well when set up right. Also have an HHA sight that we sell alot of because it is so bright. The stabilizers you mentioned are real good but we sell alot of HITEC Stoppers because they work well and are of less cost.

Grizzly Gary
01-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Mad Dog, that last post was by Jewell Archery in Russell. Doug please feel free to list your business name & number.

Grizzly Gary

treestandtimmy
01-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I can't say that I'm really up on the latest and greatest in equiptment, but you have to know if your spending money on something that will improve your ability to make a clean shot, or are you just spending it to have new stuff. Alot can be said about my trusty old bow. Trusty!! and Old!!

01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info so far.I love my bow and really don't have any need to replace it.Its fast and light but i sometimes have arrow flight issues and a newer,brighter sight would be nice.My old one doesn't have a bubble level on it either.Also, i want to go to a string loop instead of nocks.My Jaguar is pretty quiet too but as i said before,something newer and quieter is always welcome.Theres no room for any noise archery hunting.Shot alot of deer with it,just want to up-grade.Thanks..welcome more comments and advice! :)

darcher
01-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Just to let ya all know--The archery shop will be open as usual in Russell--I will be traveling to Atlanta for the Archery Trade Show and also board meeting for Christian Bowhunters of America. Should return on 22nd. Also while there I will meet with IBO president and reps for Easton to discuss the Easton Archery Weekend.

I should at least see anyone that is anybody involved in archery, even the Nuge is usually there at some time. Appreciate prayers for safe travel. Thanks!!

treerat
01-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Darcher have fun at the show . Take a camera we want pictures of all the latest and greatest . A few of the bow babes would be nice too .

darcher
01-18-2007, 05:23 AM
I have the camera with me!! Hoping to get there today, but may run into an ice storm. At my daughters now in NC, only 4 hours from Atlanta.

Grizzly Gary
01-19-2007, 11:47 AM
We pray for a safe trip for ya darcher. We sure will be looking forward to reports and pictures when you return. Bring some sunshine back with ya!

Grizzly Gary