PDA

View Full Version : Avid Angler

NMFISHN
01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I am an avid angler who fishes around 130-140 times a year and it's still not enough. I enjoy everyhting about the outdoors and will target anything that has fins and swims.I flyfish, troll, spin gear and have most recently tryed icefishing. And get this I won 2nd place in an icefishing tournament last week during my 2nd icefishing outting!! In 4 hours I landed 19 Perch, 1 17 1/2 " Rainbow, and a Kokanee Salmon(landlocked) Talk about excited about something new! I am sure you will be seeing more of my posts as well as pictures soon. Plan on doing some more icefishing this weekend.

Gilligan
01-18-2007, 07:58 PM
WOW :!: Ice in New Mexico :!: Guess that shoots down global warming :sign5:

Do you actually get ice there or are you trekking north??

Welcome to Grizzly Garys and I voted NO! Only thing I like about ice is it keeps my MT DEW cold. :headbang:

carl milks
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing!!! We've been waiting to get out ice fishing all winter- and we might as well be in NM!!!!

hunterdeneugene
01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll icefish when I have someone to go with and if there is good ice. I have alot of equipment I haven't touched in a while. The thing that influences my decision the most is if there are steelhead to catch and the water is fishable, then I choose that over icefishing every time!

Old School Dave
01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
We just might have a shot at ice fishing shortly according to the long range weather forecast in my area. Last year we had 1 week of decent ice and it made for a long winter.

treerat
01-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Iam with Gilligan on the Ice thing . Just cant see the thrill of fishing through a hole .Ican usualy find some open water on some streams some where .
NMfishn welcome to the boards.must of made a wrong turn in Albuquerque to find ice :P

Jim_R
01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Big YES here, been chompin' at the bit...the boy has, too.

eyedoktr
01-19-2007, 10:29 AM
BRING ON THE ICE !!!! It looks like we'll have safe ice around here in a few places by this weekend. As soon as there is 4" I'll be out most every day.

Big Gills, Big Perch, Big Walleye soooo much better out of the cold water.

C'mon Gilligan, it could never be worse than the last time you were out. Remember, you picked the day, the location, and asked me to join you. :D :D

Grizzly Gary
01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
NMFISHIN,

Welcome to GrizzlyLand! You're darn tootin I like to fish the ice. Hand sized Gills,Crappie,Walleyes and a Pike or two from the Zoo! I am also chomping at the bit to hit the ice!!! Nothing more exciting than seeing that flag pop up on a Kinzua tip-up!! No matter how cold it is the blood starts to flow and you forget how cold you are.

Linda O.,please let me know when Quaker is ready. I'll speed that way to chase them Pike. Will bring warming fluids with me. Will really look forward to seeing that up-side down presentation. I'll bring a camera! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

NMFISHN
01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah we have ice in NM. I know of at least one thats pckin 20" thick. We get iced over lakes every year it's just a question of how long the ice lasts, sometimes only 2 weeks or so. This year has been wild though we got snow again last night and it has been COLD out here all day! Got another tourny coming up on Feb. 10th at Horse, Stone and Mundo lakes.