PDA

View Full Version : In memory of a good man...Bob Holmes

Buck Master
01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Bob Holmes ran "Holmes' Sporting Goods" in Warren for many years. There was a time when I went to his shop almost daily for bait and supplies. He had a great sense of humor and always had a treat for my kids. My kids and I truly enjoyed every visit to his store.

May his soul rest in peace, hand in hand with his recently departed wife.

Grizzly Gary
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Mr. Holmes will be sorely missed. What a fine gentleman. He always was in a good mood when you went into his store for bait. Always made me laugh. Just a very kind man.

Rest in Peace Bob.

Grizzly Gary

Bryan Hoffner
01-29-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm a little late here but yes Big Bob will be missed by all that had the oppurtunity to come in contact with him and his store. A man and a bait store that will never be matched around here again. I'll miss and have been missing the tablet that he added up your total due on and if you caught him just before closing time you's catch him punching what he wanted into the register for uncle sam. the rest was apparantly his. Then there was the sense of humor and if he didn't have it on the racks to buy 9 times out of 10 he'd have it in the back room. How he ever found anything in that back room is amazing. I even remember going to him when he had the gas station where means motors is now.

Goodbye Bob, you'll be missed by all.

Turkey Fan
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Bob was a class act.He always had time to say hello ANYTIME you bumped into him.And back when he was operating his stores they were a great place to visit.I too used to enjoy his tablet.I always thought more power to you Bob.I miss bumping into him already :cry:

Swanny
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
"If I don't have it , you don't need it" sure missed hearing that line after he closed. At 15 I bought a fenwick rod and penn reel(still in good working condition) from Bob, I clearly remember him figuring the price out on that tablet. At 15 I sure did'nt understand why he would be doing math on paper when there is a perfectly good cash register on the counter that would figure it for him!!!!!!! He will be missed by all in my family.

01-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Bob was like everybody's Grandpa.I remembered from when i was young and also took my boys there to buy things.He always gave them some "special bait or lure" that he garrenteed a fish! It always amazed me that he had so much stuff in a such a small place and he knew where everything was. He never counted my minnows,always took my word for it and i respected him for that.The Warren area has lost a true sportsman.May the perpetual light shine upon him.Eternal Rest my friend :cry: