PDA

View Full Version : Crested Arrow.....any DIYer's out there.......

08-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Best sit down so this don't shock you into fallin' over.......There is something I can't do.

I need someone to crest some cedar shafts for me.

I build my own arrows but I don't have the arrow cresting machine thingy....and don't think I'll entertain the notion of buyin' one. Got a dozen premium shafts already dipped and finished...

Wanna get e'm crested so I can fletch 'em and shoot 'em with the Damon-Howatt recurve I've aquired. Anyone out there, local, that can do a good job for me putting a simple crest pattern on 'em....

of course I'll pay for your services....................

treerat
08-07-2006, 06:27 AM
sorry cant help on this . You may be able to do it with some pin striping from a auto shop . decals type stuff .

08-07-2006, 07:31 PM
any of you guys go golfing? I've been thinking about doing just that... I heard it actually improves your PERSONALITY! Is this true?

08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Shhhhhhhh......be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm readin' sign............

Yep....just what I thought....a troll has come out from unda da bridge.

Golf!?!? I've shot golf's before.....

but, ya cain't never boil 'em soft enough to eat....................

Buckethead
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry WW, I never even get fancy enough to crown dip any of my arrahs. I just rub some minwax wood sealer on them and stick some feathers to them. A crester isn't hard to make. All you need is a small electric motor and a dimmer switch you'd put on a light or ceiling fan. You can buy the rubber chucks from Three River's archery at a few bucks apiece. I keep telling myself I'm going to build one but that's just one more thing I haven't got to yet. For cresting paint, my buddy just uses model paint and some very thin model brushes. Heck, you may even be able to chuck the arrow up in a drill provided your switch is smooth enough to feather and turn the arrow at a slow revelution. I saw a set up like this in the Traditional bowhunter magazine. The guy used a hose clamp around the trigger and tightened it up ever so slowly until he got the RPM he desired. He had the grip of the drill clamped in a vise and set up a "V" notched piece of wood at a corresponding height for the front of the arrow. Worked pretty slick and you've probably got all the basic parts you need. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I have all the parts I need. Maybe I will get fancy and put some paint on my cedars.

phlst5119
08-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I have been applying he wraps. The work very well and LOOK great. There tough and I wouldn't have the patience for paint. Phil

bucksnort
11-19-2006, 06:22 AM
I do have a dipper if you want to crest arrows. I crest mine all white for visibility
keshbaugh@earthlink.net
bucksnort

darcher
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I believe we still have the equippment to crest arrows. We use the wraps now tho, they do work well.