PDA

View Full Version : Trout Spinners

btexpress
01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Treerat, do you sell homemade spinners? If so, could you please get me the information. I'm interested in making a purchase. Thanks.

treerat
01-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes I sell a few . I get $20 a dozen shipped . I have My favorites which are similar to Panther martins . Size 3 blades and size 10 trebles .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/treerat/fish%20pics/DSC00058.jpg
I just put an order in for parts so it may be a couple of weeks . Pm me if you are interested .

Grizzly Gary
01-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Nice stuff Treerat. Them are some mighty fine looking spinners! Price is darn good to. I know they catch fish. You can ask ratherbhuntin. He catches fish but treerat doesn't! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

treerat
01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I Got ratherbhuntin started spinner fishing several years ago .The kid hasnt looked back since . He does out fish me most of the time . He makes his own spinners now also .

carl milks
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
TR- I see we have something in common- that's all I've used for over 15 years now for trout- those deadly PM style spinners. Started rolling my own about 10 yrs ago, when the components became available. And now the boughten ones are almost $3 apiece!!! Also make a french type/(Mepps style) spinner that works good too. But it's hard to beat the inline spinners for trout-they SLAM 'em!!!

treerat
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Carl I would like to learn some streams over in your area . How good is that trophy section on the tuna ? I fished it one time last year early in the year . Did not have any luck but liked the looks of it . I would be interested in any other of your local streams in the bradford area . Could you suggest others ? I am 99% catch and release and fish both states

ratherbhuntin
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I Got ratherbhuntin started spinner fishing several years ago .The kid hasnt looked back since . He does out fish me most of the time . He makes his own spinners now also .

Yep c&r spinner fishing is the way to go especially with inlines. I do out fish treerat most of the time but his spinners definetely catch alot of fish. not sure why i outfish him guess age and experience arent everything. Here are some of my homemade spinners the one at the top is my girlfriend outfishya's spinner that i am not allowed to touch EVER.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/tjwjr89/IMAG0013-1.jpg

carl milks
01-29-2007, 07:58 PM
TR- The E. Branch Tuna near Lewis Run as you know is a Trophy Trout stream. Years ago, I used to fish it for native browns-and it was full of them, averaging 18". Lots of them bigger too. But since they put that TT project in, the fishing kind of declined. There are still some nice trout in there tho. Beautiful holes & water. Other streams? My favorite is Willow Cr for rainbows, next is Sugar Run, also rainbows, and thirdly is Kinzua Creek. For the Kinzua, I prefer the waters below SR 219 at Tally Ho @ road to Westline. I fish this stretch from 219 clear down to Red Bridge. Beautiful water, mid-sized-not small, but not huge either. Takes most all day. It gets stocked heavily with all three species. Also, from 219 down about 2 miles is Delayed Harvest-artificials only. This is open year round and gets stocked early. That's where I go to get warmed up before season if weather permits. There is also a DH on W. Branch Tuna starts below Pitt University and up to Clark's Lane- about 1 mile or so long. They don't stock it with any numbers, but it is good to fish with short time. Some of the holes are deep for a small stream. Hope this info helps. Good luck & have fun.

treerat
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks Carl . I have been wanting to get out on the smaller streams. Have you ever fished the delayed harvest section over to Smethport?

Bill J
01-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Treerat....I fished that stream out of Smethport a number of times years ago. Always had good luck, only fished it with flies. Not to sure how it is these days but when I fished it I sure had a good time, nice water.

carl milks
01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Marvin Ck is the stream you're talking about. I hav'nt fished it in a number of years, it used to be FFF (fish for fun) area, fly fishing only, I think it still is, but above and below that area, is open waters. It used to be good fishing and nice water, I'm sure it still is.