PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD PA. ALLOW IN-LINE MUZZLELOADERS FOR THE LATE SEASON?

Grizzly Gary
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Muzzleloaders in Pennsylvania can hunt with In-Line muzzleloaders with scopes for the early special season and during the regular deer rifle season.

Do you think that they should also be legal for the late muzzleloader season?

Many older hunters especially say that they can no longer hunt with Traditional Flintlocks with no scope.

Please vote & comment.

Grizzly Gary

btexpress
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
NO. Let's keep this part of the season as traditional as possible.

singleshot
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Although I have hunted many days in the rain with the old Hawken, I would never have traded it for a modern rifle. It is also my gun of choice in the reg season after I harvest a buck.

carl milks
01-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I'd say no. The late season was set up for TRADITIONAL hunting with a flinchlock, open sights. Anyone wants to use the modern inlines already have the early season plus regular. Keep it traditional.

Bryan Hoffner
01-29-2007, 10:18 AM
keep it the way it is. All and everyone I talk to that enjoys the sport agrees. Traditional only. Alot of the people that say this to me even hunt the early season in October with the flintlocks. even the older guys I know won't switch.

Jim_R
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
NO - leave it traditional. Wouldn't trade up mine even if I could. Even with the rain/wet snow that always seems to fall! :wink:

mulerider
01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
leave it alone!! that is the whole purpose of the season and useing traditional gear. makes a BIG difference in harvest rates. hunting with a flintlock is a blast, it's all in the thrill not the kill!!

Grizzly Gary
01-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Wonder why the one person who voted yes was unwilling to comment?

Grizzly Gary

Kinzua Man
01-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I hunt in both seasons and enjoy both the flintlock and inline but it would not bother me on bit if someone was permitted to use an inline in the late season. By the way I was the second vote.

KInzua Man

Bill J
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
I see no reason to change it. Even though they allow in-lines in the early season I still used my flinter, guess I like the challenge. To me an in-line is nothing more than a one shot rifle.

Keep it the way it is.

By the way I see that they are now going to allow peep sights on Flintlocks for the late season.

Outdoorsman
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Just the thought of putting a scope on a gun and having the ability to knock a deer down at 200 yards puts a smile on my face. I am in Ohio and its shot gun only with a slug, so tradition does not weigh here.

Bill J
01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Outdoorsman....you mean they have no Muzzleloader season in Ohio?

Turkey Fan
01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
No dont mess with the late flintlock season,it's good the way it is.

Outdoorsman
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Outdoorsman....you mean they have no Muzzleloader season in Ohio? Yes they do. You cant shoot a rifle here. Shot gun only with a slug. A shot at two hundred yards with a slug is at best a prayer. I will shoot at 80 yards with a slug if it is a still shot only. There is a four day muzzy season and you can shoot muzzy during gun season.

Bill J
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
By what I see here in your post is that, Ohio is all shotgun and/or Muzzy? If so I know I would go in-line muzzy. Even though it is only a one shot deal it would more than make up in long distant shooting. Who needs more than one shot anyway. :D

Mighty Mike
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
It would give a ny guy like me one more reason to buy a pa tag. lots of you guys talk about getting more hunters is the woods but it seems some of you like having your own special seasons. Not wanting to start trouble but just my opinion. An out of state tag is very expensive so being able to hunt that late season would be an added bonus.

mike