PDA

View Full Version : Kids and bows

08-10-2006, 07:57 PM
My son is working on getting in to archery. He's been going to the christian bow hunters youth program the last three winters.

Does anybody know of any magazines, books, vidios that are geared to kids.?

thanks

just me

08-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Youth programs like mentioned are as far as I'd go with the "geared for youth" thing......

Speakin' man to man here...........I'd throw him right in the ring of man stuff regardin' the books, magazines and huntin' videos.

He'll learn more from reading a few books written in the 60's and 70's by the real men of archery than all the youth stuff you can muster for him........

Find him a Howard Hill book or one of Fred Bears' hunting tales.........

Can't like coddling a kid.

Once they cross that line and buy a tag, he's more man than kid..........................................

08-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Christian Bowhunters is a fine choice with a lot of good folks to guide him. As far as the research materials I think I would have to agree with WildsWalker.

Grizzly Gary

rattrapper
08-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Pete Hofert at Christian Bow Hunters is top notch. He is a real good archer and has high moral standards. I know he is a real big help to any one interested in archery. ------- He was my kids teacher in school and took my boy to get his archery certification when my boy was just a pup. ------ We attend the same church.------ My trapping partner and I still get a big, enjoyable laugh when we recall when my son was little and used to bring up Mr. Hofert's name every time we were talking hunting or riding in the truck. It was always Mr. Hofert said this or Mr.Hofert said that. -------- rattrapper

Grizzly Gary
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Doug Jewell of Jewell Archery and also Director of the Warren Pa. Chapter of Christian Bowhunters will be my guest on this weeks show. I will ask him this question just me. Should be a show for any archery fan to learn from. Tune in!

Grizzly

Grizzly Gary
09-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Just me, would be honored to have Mr. Hofert as a guest on the show. Please ask him if he would be interested and have him contact me. Thanks.

Grizzly Gary

RED DOG
09-29-2006, 05:09 PM
MY GIRL WANTS TO GET STATED IN BOW SHOOTING. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE Christian Bowhunters PROGRAM STARTS THIS YEAR?

darcher
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Their youth program will start right after the first of the year. They do a great job!!

10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Heres the web site:

http://www.hiswayarchers.com/

as said above, The youth program starts in early January. Its a great program, your daughter will love it, you wont regret it.

Grizzly Gary
10-06-2006, 03:04 PM
You can't ask for a better program than Christian Bowhunters as a learning vehicle for kids. They have an excellent indoor range in Falconer NY and go all out to welcome and teach young archers. I highly reccomend them.

Grizzly Gary