PDA

View Full Version : ERIE ICE REPORTS

Grizzly Gary
01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
My ice phone is starting to ring off the hook!

Just got a call from Charliedog who is just back from Misery Bay. He says he crushed the Perch & Bluegills. Says he also landed a few Crappie. He is using very small Glo Pimples & Tear Drops tipped with maggots or Wax worms. Says he would have done even better with the Perch if he had minnies. He also saw a few people land Steelhead.

He is reporting about 4 inches of ice. Always remember to be very cautious on the ice. Life jacket, pics and a friend are must haves.

Anybody else have Erie ice reports?

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
01-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Gary, where is misery bay? thanks

Grizzly Gary
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Presque Isle. Last on the right on the way in. Not sure why these places have individual names. Another spot Charlie likes is called the stink hole. It is the 1st on the right on the way in.

Grizzly Gary

coondog
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
report is greatly apreciated. thanks guys

MR ED
02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
When parking on Presque Iasle... please remember that it a state park and they do not permit road-side parking. These areas are soft due to the sand. Have had several friends get TICKETS in the $50 range. Parking is available in many designated areas. Just a word of advise.

Presque Isle Bay is a favorite, local place for ice fishing. Many species are available. Crappie, perch, bluegill, pike, musky, bass, steelhead and also the pest that steels your bait...smelt. No walleye!!

Check the local bait shops for the hottest areas on a particular day.

CATCH A BUNCH AND PLEASE BE CAREFULL ON THE ICE.

MR ED

Grizzly Gary
02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
eyedoktr if you want more info call Charlie Brant & he will provide exactlies.

Grizzly Gary

walcat
02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
eyedoctr: Go to www.fisherie.com,check maps on menue on right of page.Map of PI.

Grizzly Gary
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the link walcat. I will be fishing Erie tomorrow with Charlie Brant and Erie Times writer Mike Bleech. Will post a report when I get home. Hopefully the Perch, Gills and Crappie will cooperate.

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
walcat, thanks for the link. I never knew all that was there off Erie.

Jim_R
02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Out on Misery yesterday afternoon. Slower bite than last weekend. My son and I caught about a dozen apiece, kept about a dozen total. 1 perch, the rest gills. 8"+ ice where we were at.

Grizzly Gary
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a similar report Jim_R. Started at the 3rd parking lot. Got some small Perch. Charliedog had a nice Bass.

Went then to Misery Bay and 3 of us caught a total of 20 keeper Gills. They weren't even huge Gills just nice keeper types. Got them on Swedish Pimples tipped with Maggots ( TOI & eyedoktr I spent a lot of time looking to see if they were spikes or mousies. Interesting.) Also got some on small Glo Jigs in Chartreuse tipped with Maggots. Minnows didn't seem to do anything.

Definitely 8-10 inches of good clear ice at both spots. Thank gosh for Mike B.s power auger. We drilled a ton of holes and kept moving.

Bean & Ham soup in an Ice Shanty aint a very good idea though! :lol:

Grizzly Gary

MR ED
02-12-2007, 01:41 PM
GARY.... Hope you had a fun time with the beans.. Did you manage to stop at the Duck for a Goose?? Probably stoped for something elso after the beans. HA HA

MR ED

treestandtimmy
02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
grizz i cant believe you went to erie without me. you know i'm off on fridays.

Grizzly Gary
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Still getting reports of good action at Presque Isle on Erie. Misery Bay is producing nice Gills & Crappie. The pull offs on the way in a also producing good catches of Perch, crappie and Steelhead.

Why i'm so unlucky I can't tell ya. Each time I go everybody is walking around talking about the bite being slow that day. My timing seems to be impecable. Planning on hitting the ice tomorrow but not sure where to go. I'm sure i'll pick the wrong place! LOL!

Grizzly Gary

FishingMarshall
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I've been hearing that the main lake is getting kinda iffy. The ice here in SE Ohio has been bad for about a week.

Outdoorsman
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Ice,ice go away. Come again another day ! Dudes im livin for no ice !

Bryan Hoffner
03-02-2007, 05:42 AM
I'm 100% behind that idea. I'm itching really bad to hook up to the boat and crappie fish chautauqua and the Zoo until the walleye opener in may.