PDA

View Full Version : Black Ice bow

hunterdeneugene
01-31-2007, 10:36 PM
anyone have any input on this bow. does anyone know where I can get my hands on one? Been hearing alot of good things about them and would like to check one out for myself.

darcher
02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
After reading about and seeing it at the ATA Show this bow is almost identical to the Mathews Switchback XT.

Wild Wind Rob
02-01-2007, 04:05 PM
The Black Ice is the top of the line Diamond bow offering for 2007. I can get you one for the Minimum Advertised Price of $649 if you are interested, but I would suggest trying an actual Bowtech first.

Diamond is made by Bowtech to offer an alternative that is available to markets and dealers where Bowtech is not available. Most of the Diamonds have been old Bowtech models that were moved to the Diamond line to make room for new Bowtechs. They had some mid-price bows at the start, but this is the first time they have made one that lets them compete everywhere with the "Big Dogs." (i.e. Hoyt, Mathews, PSE)

The Black Ice is definitely a nice bow, and will compete right with the Switchback XT and some of Hoyt's offerings, but there are several advantages of the Binary Cam system that can only be found when you make that next step to a Bowtech for another $50.

The best thing you can do if you're in the market for a new bow is to visit some shops and actually try the bows out. Don't take anybody's word as gospel on what is best for you, or what you should buy. After you have done the research and testing to make an educated decision, make it for yourself. You wouldn't buy a car on the salesman's word without taking it for a test drive, would you?

If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

darcher
02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
That is advice that should be taken.Shoot and compare. Bow is a personal purchase , check them out and make an educated decision!!

hunterdeneugene
02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't buy unless I can shoot it . I have been bowhunting for years and taken many deer. I currently shoot a PSE Pro Shop Series Beast which I absolutley love, but am thinking of handing it on down to my boy and getting me a new one so I am just putting my feelers out and was just curious about this one.

Wild Wind Rob
02-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll put a call into my Bowtech rep and see if we can track a Black Ice down for you to test. Any preference on draw weight? Right hand or Left hand? Draw length is not a big deal, it can be changed very easily on the Bowtechs and Diamonds.

darcher
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
We at Jewell Archery have the Switchback XT and the new Drenalin available for you to shoot. Drop by to 110 Liberty St in beautiful downtown Russell, Pa!!!

treestandtimmy
02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I've decided to buy a new bow before summer, and think it's going to be the switchback xt, shot it a few times last fall and fell in love.Unless there is anything else that blows it away.

darcher
02-05-2007, 07:31 PM
The XT has a way of doing that to those who shoot one. You may want to shoot the new Drenalin, but I doubt that you'll change your mind.Give us a call when you are ready.

Jewell Archery
(814) 757-5015

Wild Wind Rob
02-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Just make sure you try out the Bowtech Guardian and the Bowtech Allegiance before you make your final decision.

Decide which bow performs the best for you on the range. If you choose to purchase a Bowtech, I'll be more than happy to set you up.

I have shot the Mathews XT and it is a nice bow. I prefer the feel, speed, lack of noise, and a few other features of the new Bowtechs over the Mathews XT. This is just my personal opinion. I haven't had a chance to check out the new Drenalin, but I definitely should. I'd like to see what the less expensive Diamonds are competing with.

Darcher, have you tried any of the new Bowtechs? I invite you to come try out what Bowtech has to offer. If you like, I could even bring them with me when I come down to try out the Drenalin. The last Mathews dealer that I know tried one ended up shooting Bowtech bows for three years while running a Mathews dealership. :wink:

darcher
02-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Yea I know who you mean, we don't want to go there!! I will be working the Mathews booth at the Harrisburg show the rest of this week, have done this the past three years. I have seen countless Hoyt and Bowtek shooters switch to a Mathews after finally shooting them. This is not to just bust someones horns, this is the truth. All of these companies manufacture a great product, one should try them all. I do get to shoot them all as I attend the ATA Show and do so there. Also I get to do a lot of work on Hoyts and Bowteks!!! If any of you fine folks do get down to the Eastern Outdoors Show, stop by and see me in the Archery Arena----Mathews Booth,or Christian Bowhunters Booth!!!

darcher
02-06-2007, 08:00 AM
By the way, Rob we need to get together and discuss the upcoming Easton Archery Weekend. I think us archery dealers need to put something together for this event, joint effort if ya know what I mean. I will get in touch after I return from Harrisburg, have a blessed day!!

Wild Wind Rob
02-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I'll see you at the show this weekend. I'll be going down Friday night and staying until Sunday. Maybe we can discuss some things over lunch if you get a chance to get away from your booth. I look forward to seeing you!

Grizzly Gary
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
When purchasing an important piece of equiptment like a bow one should always stop and try all of the various products available. You are going to have that bow for a while. Make sure it is right & comfortable for you. This is not a $20 purchase.

Shop around and try them all out. As all can read here the dealers are glad to show, explain and allow you to demonstrate their products.

Grizzly Gary

Mighty Mike
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
most of the places around here have a place for you to shoot that new bow. you could go over to the christian bowhunter guys to ask around about what they like to. if i am spending that much money i want to be sure what i am buying.

mike

treestandtimmy
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
The XT has a way of doing that to those who shoot one. You may want to shoot the new Drenalin, but I doubt that you'll change your mind.Give us a call when you are ready.

Jewell Archery
(814) 757-5015

I'll take the Grizzly hostage when it's time, I don't know the area, so I'll make him take me when I'm ready. It should be springtime or so. Birthday is in May, so I have a few months to talk my wife into it.