PDA

View Full Version : Through the ice @ Silver Lake!

Gilligan
02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Talking with the folks at Silver Lake Marine. They said the ice guys had a 4 wheeler through the ice yesterday.

eyedoktr
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Actually, there were 4 or 5 vehicles that went through. Dave Genz and his snowmobile, 2 or 3 four wheelers and an Argo all found unsafe ice. Thankfully everyone got out alright.

Fred, got your msg. How's the boat look ?

Gilligan
02-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Doc, they had heard multiple rigs thru but had actually only seen the one. Took 2 quick shots of boat will mail them.

Grizzly Gary
02-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Glad to hear all were ok. Did they have the www.iceteam.com Tournament? If so how many anglers, prize money and that kind of info?

Grizzly Gary

eyedoktr
02-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Gary, the tourney is today. I'll post resulkts when it's over. I wouldn't want to be at Silver today. They have been getting hammered with snow and the temps are near zero.

TONY ON ICE
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
EYEDOKTR
The issue of the snowmobiles and ATV's going through the ice was less serious than people are making it out to be. Many are trying to make Dave Genz, Smitty and the others who went through look like a bunch of buffoons. These guys were right near the shore in front of Silver Lake marina and trying to locate and mark a "Known" spring fed area where there was problems in the past. The ice gave way while in the process of marking the spot. The other units that broke through were helping get Daves sled out of the couple feet of water under the ice.
The area where the spring is, ended up being larger than in normal years due to the ground run off and warmer than normal temperatures over the past few months. .
These guys were in the process of making it safe for others who may or may not have been accessing the lake from the marina (kids clinic included)

I sure wouldn't want to be standing in the weigh in line for the next few hours this afternoon waiting to get my fish weighed. It's way below zero with the wind chill and the snow is making it "no picnic" !

Even though the weather isn't cundusive for a good tournament, a couple good things did happen this weekend and in the recent past.
Several Marcum LX-5 users have either purchased or will be purchasing the new Vexilar FL-20's after comparing them side by side. :wink: :wink:

Oh yeah.....and we need to talk business :wink:

eyedoktr
02-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Tony I read about the ice testing being the reason after I wrote here. I had just seen the early reports.

Gee, you mean the Marcum isn't the best unit out there ?? :D :D :D

I'll give you a call this week. Maybe we can chase soome Oneida walleyes.

Grizzly Gary
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
What are the results of this tournament? Inquiring minds want to know!

Grizzly Gary

TONY ON ICE
02-07-2007, 01:34 AM
GRIZZ
For some reason, I can't copy and paste the results of the Trap Attack here but if you go to www.iceteam.com and then to the forums in the NY trap attack link, you'll find a thread that reads ....Silver Lake TA results. The board is posted there.

EYEDOKTR
I've still got the pinched nerve problem in my neck/shoulder but it's getting better by the day. Should be ready to fish by the end of the week.
I don't think it would be too comfortable on the middle of Oneida lake with 30 mph west winds and 8 degree temps. I can wait a few days....can you ??

Marcum has commanded a whopping 4 % of the flasher market over the past 18 months. They have no money in their budget for advertising, Pro Staff, marketing etc.
This is why they prey on "Free" websites and loose lipped tackle whooooores to promote their product.
Recently, a new Ice Team Powerstick who was convinced by a local "Expert" to purchase a Marcum flasher, had the opportunity to see and use the Vexilar FL-20 while at the NAIFC at Lake Carlos in Minnesota.
After a minute with the FL-20, his words were.....what the H#LL am I doing with this Marcum ?
It's the shape of things to come. They can try, but they can't knock the king off of the mountain when 35 % of the product they deliver is DOA right out of the box.

Talk to you soon....Good News coming !!!

Will_S
02-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Here are the results. Looks like my guy Bob G. and his buddy Mike K. came in around 38th.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Phisherphil/P2041495.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Phisherphil/P2041496.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Phisherphil/P2041495.jpg

TONY ON ICE
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
WILL S
Bob and Mike are always in the hunt. It won't be long before they nail down one of these events and go on to the team of the year. They are dedicated and hard working towards their goal and the sport of icefishing.
Good things will come there way soon......!!!

Bob G
02-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Bill and Tony. Mike and I did manage a 12th place finish in Michigan to secure a spot in the North American Ice Fishing Championship. This will be our second trip to minnesota and hopefully we can nail down the big one for our first win. :D It certainly is a great thought but, the competition is stiff in the championship.

Grizzly Gary
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Go get'um Bob G ! Just qualifying for such an event is a victory. Please keep us posted as to your progress. Ice really gotta be thick now in Minnesota! Hell we got a foot of good clear ice right here.

Grizzly Gary